Brescia University is Canada’s women’s university. Since our inception in 1919, we’ve been committed to educating passionate, creative, intelligent women — like you — who want to lead boldly in a rapidly changing world.
So what does it mean to attend a women’s-only university? It means you’ll:
- Receive an education tailored to you
- Be comfortable sharing your opinions, insights, and ideas in class
- Get to really know your classmates — women who desire to be educated in the true sense of the word
- Be surrounded by women in leadership positions, including your Principal
A 2009 study by the University of California, Los Angeles, provided solid evidence that women who graduated from girls-only high schools had a significant edge over their coed peers. The majority reported:
- Successful academic performance
- Higher self confidence
- Outstanding writing and public speaking skill
- Success in historically male-dominated areas, such as mathematics, computers, engineering, and politics
Affiliation with Western University
Because of Brescia’s affiliation with Western University, Ontario’s third-largest university, you’ll have the opportunity to take classes with both men and women.