Institute for Women in Leadership
Brescia has a long history of developing women leaders. Its founders – the Ursuline Sisters – were front runners in developing leadership among women. The College continues this tradition through its ongoing focus of educating women and providing our students with leadership opportunities through their educational experience at Brescia.
Vision of the Institute for Women in Leadership (iWIL) at Brescia
- Brescia University College’s Institute for Women in Leadership supports the development of women leaders who choose to practise a sustainable, collective, and socially responsible form of leadership.
- We envisage leadership as facilitating the creative exchange of multiple perspectives by fostering a deep commitment to mutually empowering, respectful relationships.
- IWIL is committed to the promotion of a new vision of leadership that cultivates collaborative action and collective responsibility.
Why Leadership at Brescia?
The potential for women to contribute to decision-making and to work together to solve problems is under utilized. As Canada’s only women’s university, we are ideally suited to:
- Inspire women to find confidence in their unique abilities;
- To equip them with the skills to provide leadership at all levels of society;
- To provide information on leadership and opportunities for women to receive the experience, encouragement, coaching, and knowledge to enhance their leadership capabilities;
- To provide our students and women in the London community with unique leadership opportunities within our classrooms, extracurricular activities, projects, and events.
- The Institute for Women in Leadership (IWIL) is an umbrella organization that encourages women’s leadership. Many links are being fostered with community groups locally, nationally, and abroad.
IWIL encourages participants to recognize themselves as leaders and to develop their abilities to coach, mentor, and inspire others based on exposure to a full range of individual expressions of effective leadership practices. By developing this leadership capacity, each woman will improve her own life and the lives of those around her.
For more information on iWIL’s and our initiatives, events, connections and philosophy, please visit: