Division of Sociology and Family Studies
Office: BUC 170
Telephone: 519-432-8353 ext 28251
- Honors B.A., Sociology, Wilfrid Laurier University
- M.A., Sociology, University of Waterloo
- Ph.D., Sociology, University of Waterloo
Research and Scholarly Interests
Gender, Women and Work, Canadian farm families, Research Ethics, Family Issues.
- 2001 Award of Excellence in Teaching
- 2000 – Present – Dean’s Honor Roll of Teaching
- Introductory Sociology – Soc 1020/1021e
- Sociology of the Family –Soc 2235
- Social Problems – Soc 2140
- Gender Roles and Relationships – Soc 3341F
- Cummins, Helene A. 2006. “A Funny Thing Happened on the Way to the Ethics Board: Studying the the Meaning of Farm Life for Farm Children”Journal of Academic Ethics 4: 175–188.
- Cummins, Helene A. 2005. “Unraveling the Voices and Identity of Southwestern Ontario Farm Women” Identity: An International Journal of Theory and Research 5(3): 287–302.
- Cummins, Helene A. 2005. “Mommy Tracking Single Women in Academia When They Are Not Mommies” Special Edition of Women’s Studies International Forum 28: 222–231.
- Cummins, Helene A.,McDaniel, Susan A.; & Beauchamp, Rachelle Sender. 1988. “Women Inventors in Canada in the 1980’s” Canadian Review of Sociology and Anthropology 25(3): 389–405.