Chair, School of Humanities
Associate Professor, English
Office: MSJ, Room 301B
Telephone: 519-432-8353 ext 28248
- B.A. (Hons). Western University
- M.A. and Ph.D., McMaster University
Research and Scholarly Interests
General area of interest is late sixteenth and early seventeenth-century literature; within that broad area, I work with:
- Elegies and epitaphs
- Religious poetry
- Poetry in manuscript
- Introduction to Literature and Composition
- Renaissance Literature
- Restoration and Eighteenth-Century Literature
- Donne and Herbert
- “King James I and the Religious Culture of England”, Oxford, 2000.
- The Epigram in England: 1590-1640. Manchester: Manchester University Press, 2016.
- “Not as the mourning of some private fate”: John Earle’s Funeral Elegy on Sir John Burroughs”. English Literacy Renaissance. 41 (2011): 485–502.
- Database Index of English Epigrams, 1590 to 1640