Associate Professor, Psychology, School of Behavioural and Social Sciences
Office: BR 122
Telephone: (519) 432-8353 ext 28275
- B.A. Political Science; Wilfrid Laurier University
- M.A. Psychology; Western University
- Ph.D. Psychology; Western University
Research and Scholarly Interests
My research interests include humour, goals and motivation, and explicit and implicit self-esteem.
- Psychology 1000 (Introductory Psychology)
- Psychology 2075 (Human Sexuality)
- Psychology 2410A/B (Child Development)
- Psychology 2720A/B (Social Psychology)
- Psychology 2990A/B (Applied Psychology)
- Psychology 3721F/G (Psychology of Persuasion)
- Janes, L.M. & Olson, J.M. (2000). Jeer pressure: The behavioural effects of observing ridicule of others. Personality and Social Psychology Bulletin. 26, 474-485.
- Olson, J.M. & Janes, L.M. (2002). Vigilant for differences: Heightened impact of differences on surprise. Personality and Social Psychology Bulletin. 28, 1084-1093.
- Stelzl, M., Janes, L.M., & Seligman, C. (June, 2004). One of us or one of them: The social identity strategy of inclusion or exclusion of the other from the in-group. Poster presented at the Why Neighbours Kill Conference, London, Ontario.
- Janes, L.M. & Olson, J.M. (October, 2003). The effects of ridicule on regulatory focus. Informal paper presented at the annual meeting of the Society of Experimental Social Psychology, Boston, MA, US.