Professor, English, School of Humanities
Office: Ursuline Hall, Room 335A
Telephone: 519-432-8353 ext 28032
- Combined Honours B.A. in English and French at the University of Toronto and the Université de Provence
- M.A., English, Western University
- Ph.D., English, Western University
- Postdoctoral Fellow, Cornell University
Research and Scholarly Interests
- Creative Writing
- P.B. Shelley
- William Blake
- Jean-Jacques Rousseau
- English Romanticism
- Contemporary Canadian Poetry
- The Brontes: Romance, Realism, and Myth
- Major British Authors
- Revelation in Literature
- Romantic Rebels
- Creative Writing
- General Literature and Composition
- Keats and Shelley
- Blake and Shelley: Visionary Poetics
- Restoration and Eighteenth-Century British Literature
- Nineteenth-Century British Literature
- The Prophetic in Literature
- The Family in Literature
- Women and Literature: Romantic Women Novelists
- Women and Literature: Victorian Women Novelists
- Women and Literature: Repressions and Representations of the Maternal
- Postmodern Canadian Literature
- Introduction to English Literature
- The Major Forms of Oral Discourse
- Poetry and Prosody
- Utopian Literature
- Canadian literature
- “Shelley’s “Hymn to Intellectual Beauty” and Rousseau’s Julie: the Mirror and the Lake.” Wordsworth Circles. 2017.
- “Fractal Fiction in Alice Munro’s ‘Too Much Happiness’.” Chapter in a book on last things in Alice Munro, ed. Tim Struthers. Guernica Press, 2017.
- “Dream Shapes as Quest or Question in Shelley’s Prometheus Unbound” in Romantik: Journal for the Study of Romanticisms. Aarhus University Press, 2016: (110-129).
- “An Eerie and Numinous Place of Quiet Unknowing: Alice Munro’s ‘The Love of A Good Woman’ in Context” in The Windsor Review: Alice Munro, A Souwesto Celebration. Eds. J.R. Struthers and John B. Lee. Vol. 47. No. 2. Spring, 2015: (104-124).
- Gravity loves the body: poems by monika lee (Southwestern Ontario Press, 2008).
- Rousseau’s Impact on Shelley: Figuring the Written Self, Romantic Reassessment, Vol. 154, Salzburg Studies in Literature, Lewiston: 1999.
- Skin to skin with Shelly Harder (Fire-stealing Primates’ Press, 2016)
- Slender threads (Canadian Poetry Association, EBIP, 2004).
- Brescia Award for Excellence in Teaching, 2013
- Recipient of an Ontario Arts Council Grant for Poetry in 2010.