Associate Professor, Management and Organizational Studies
Office: Ursuline Hall, Room 333
Telephone: 519-432-8353 ext 28229
- B.A., Political Science, Wilfrid Laurier University
- MBA., Richard Ivey School of Business, Western University
- Diploma, Applied Social Research, Georgian College
- Ed.D Student, University of Calgary
Research and Scholarly Interests
Leadership, leadership development, nonprofit strategy, management education.
- MOS 3322F/G – Integrated Marketing Communication
- MOS 4411A/B – New Product Development Management
- MOS 4415A/B – Brand Management
- MOS 4426A/B – Strategic Nonprofit Management
- DOL 3333A/B – Leadership Development
Recent Articles in Peer Reviewed Journals
- Sharen, C., M., & McGowan, R. A. (2019). Invisible or clichéd: How are women represented in business cases? Journal of Management Education, 43(2), 129–173. https://doi.org/10.1177/1052562918812154
- Sharen, C., Feltham, M., & Braecker, M. (2017). The collaborative case: From class assignment to publication. Collected Essays on Learning and Teaching (CELT), 10(1).
- Feltham, M., & Sharen, C. (2015). What do you mean I wrote a C paper?: Writing, revision and self-regulation. Collected Essays on Learning and Teaching (CELT). 8(1)
Recently Published Peer Reviewed Cases
- Sharen, C., & Feltham, M. (2019). Books on the Books: Can a Change in Channel Strategy Promote Sales for an Antiquarian Bookseller? Case Research Journal 39(1). In press.
- Young, J., & Sharen, C. (2018). Rise Asset Development: Scaling a social innovation. Case Research Journal (38)4.
- Sharen, C. (2016). The balancing act: Making tough decisions [Special Issue on Women and Leadership]. Case Research Journal, 36(4).
- Breward, K., & Sharen, C. (2017). An uncomfortable encounter: Perceptions of sexual harassment. Case Research Journal 37(3).
- Society for Teaching and Learning in Higher Education
- Administrative Sciences Association of Canada
- North American Case Research Association
- Business and Professional Women’s Club of London
- Pillar Nonprofit Network
Prior Work Experience
- Western Canadian Marketing Director, Canada Bread
- Marketing Director, Grocery Gateway
- Category Business Director, Kraft Canada
- Marketing Manager, General Mills Canada
- Brescia University College Excellence in Teaching Award, 2015/16.
- Brescia University College Dean’s Teaching Honor Roll (2013/14; 2015/16)
Research Awards and Editorial Publications
- Faculty Scholar (2018-19), Teaching Innovation and Research at the Advanced Learning and Teaching (ALT) Centre at Brescia University College.
- Outstanding Reviewer (2018). Case Division at the Administrative Sciences Association of Canada Annual Meeting. Toronto, ON.
- Curtis E. Tate Jr. Award for best case published in the Case Research Journal Volume 36. Received October 21, 2017 for Sharen, C. (2016). The balancing act: Making tough decisions. [Special Issue on Women and Leadership]. Case Research Journal 36(4).
- Member, Case Research Journal Editorial Board.
- Best Case, Foundation for International Development Assistance: Building Organizational Capacity. Administrative Sciences Association of Canada. Calgary, AB (8 – 11 June 2013)
- Institutional Award for Case Writing Excellence, Administrative Sciences Association of Canada. Montreal, QC (July 2011)
- Institutional Award for Case Writing Excellence, Administrative Sciences Association of Canada. Regina, SK (July 2010)
Recent Media Mentions
Lewington, J. (2019, May 31). Recent alumni of graduate business programs better equipped to tackle workplace gender inequality. The Globe and Mail. Retrieved from https://www.theglobeandmail.com/business/careers/article-recent-alumni-of-graduate-business-programs-better-equipped-to-tackle/
Recent Media Interviews
Lewington, J. Business School News, “Young women learn you don’t have to be mean and bald to be an entrepreneur.” The Globe and Mail. http://www.theglobeandmail.com/report-on-business/careers/business-education/young-women-learn-you-dont-have-to-be-mean-and-bald-to-be-an-entrepreneur/article31053826/. (22 July 2016)