Associate Professor, Management and Organizational Studies, School of Leadership and Social Change
Office: UH 334
Telephone: 519-432-8353 ext 28070
- CPA, CMA (Chartered Professional Accountant)
- Master of Business Administration, Ivey Business School, Western University
- Bachelor of Arts, Honors Business Administration, Ivey Business School, Western University
- Not-for-Profit Certificate – CPA Canada
Research and Scholarly Interests
Scholarship of Teaching and Learning, Small Business Management, Women Entrepreneurs
- Professor Jean’s research with ‘mompreneurs’ is featured in Living Research – 2010, Volume 1
- Exploring the Motivations of Mompreneurs – Western News (October 2011)
- MOS 2205F/G – Business Communications
- MOS 3370A/B – Management Accounting
- MOS 4400A/B – Field Study – Community Consulting
- Business 1220E – Introduction to Business
- Business 2257 – Accounting and Business Analysis
- Foods & Nutrition 4422A/B – Financial Management & Control for Food & Nutrition Students
Representative Publications & Presentations
- Jean, M. (2019). Improving Student Writing Confidence and Decreasing Fear Through a Class Blogging Experience, Presentation at the 2019 Spring Perspectives on Teaching Conference, Western University, London, ON.
- Jean, M. (2019). Selections From the ABC 2018 Annual Conference, Miami, Florida: Teaching Innovations Bright as the Tropical Sun. (D.J. Whalen, Ed.), Business and Professional Communication Quarterly, 82(2), 239–265.
- Jean, M. (2019). Innovation Works Community Bond, Case Research Journal, North American Case Research Association.
- Jean, M. (2018). Nuts for Cheese Case and Teaching Note, Presentation at the 2018 Administrative Sciences Association of Canada conference, Case Division, Toronto, ON.
- Jean, M. (2017). Cultivating Curiosity in the Classroom: Practices and Techniques, Workshop presentation at the Society for Teaching and Learning in Higher Education Annual Conference, Halifax, NS.
- Jean, M. (2017). Summer Swim Academy, Ivey Publishing, London, ON
- Jean, M. (2017). Andrew Peller Limited, Ivey Publishing, London, ON
- Jean, M. and C. Young. (2016). Asante Teaching Hospital and Activity-Based Costing, Ivey Publishing, London, ON.
- Jean, M and J. Drewnowsky. (2016). The Miswak Company, Ivey Publishing, London, ON.
- Jean, M. and C. Sharen. (2016). Who Me? Increasing High School Girls’ Entrepreneurial Self-Efficacy, Knowledge and Intentions. Paper presented and proceedings publication at the 30th Annual Conference of the United States Association for Small Business and Entrepreneurship: Competitive Paper Track. San Diego, CA, USA.
- Jean, M. (2013). Sweet Leaf Bath Co. Case presented at the 58th Annual Conference of the International Council for Small Business. Ponce, Puerto Rico.
- Jean, M. and C. Forbes. (2012). An Exploration of the Motivations and Expectation Gaps of Mompreneurs. Journal of Business Diversity, 12(2), 112–130.
- Chartered Professional Accountants of Ontario
- North American Case Research Association
- Society for Teaching and Learning in Higher Education
Brescia & Community Activities
- President, Brescia Faculty Association
- Faculty Advisor for “The Pink Ties” Student Club
- Co-Faculty Organizer, Brescia’s Just Own It Conference
- Student Liaison, Chartered Professional Accountants of Ontario
- Member, Verge Capital Loan Review Panel
- Straight Talk Prof Blog