Welcome to Brescia’s Undergraduate Academic Advising
Academic Advising at Brescia provides assistance to students through support and guidance relating to university policies, degree requirements, Western’s module system, and various campus support services. Our goal is to empower students to make effective decisions relating to their academics and future career goals. Academic Advising is responsive to student needs, and it often involves continuous contact between student and advisor.
We are here to help you:
- Plan your academic program
- Take responsibility for your learning and goal setting
- Implement strategies for achieving your goals.
- Provide referrals to academic and personal support resources
Academic Advising at Brescia is a collaborative process. You can expect your Academic Advisor to be:
- Accessible with a reasonable response time
- Warm and approachable
In an academic advising appointment, as a student, we expect you to:
- Come prepared with questions, having done some preliminary research
- Be open to possible solutions and resources
- Be willing to follow up if necessary
Academic Advisors at Brescia
Want to Check on Your Academic Progression?
Request a degree check. A degree check can be a useful tool to check graduation eligibility and confirm modular requirements.
Please allow a minimum of 48 hours for processing.
Looking to Book an Appointment?
Unsure if you need an appointment? Would you prefer to book your appointment by phone or email? Please contact The Hive at 519-858-5151 or email@example.com.
Please be sure to review the timetable of courses and your module requirements prior to your appointment. This will assist the advisor in helping you with your course registration questions.
Academic Advisors are located in the Mother St. James Memorial Building. If you have a scheduled appointment, please go to the Registrar’s Office waiting area located just outside of the Advisors’ offices on the lower level of the Mother St. James Memorial Building. Your Advisor will come and get you when it is time for your appointment.
Having Trouble? Call Us at 519-858-5151.
Join the Academic Advisors on the Remind App
Are you interested in receiving mobile updates and reminders from the Academic Advising Team at Brescia for the Fall/Winter 2018-19 academic session? If so, simply text @bresciauc to (289) 803-3844 and confirm your details.
Have specific questions? Check below at our list of frequently used resources.
- Brescia Modules: Quick Reference
- Brescia Residency Requirements
- Brescia Approved Science Courses for Non-Science Students
- Interpretation and Application of Probationary Guidelines
- General Guidelines for Academic Relief
- Academic Accommodation Regulations
- Formal Petition for Dean’s Waiver
- Academic (Grade) Appeals
- Letter of Permission
- Medical Documentation – Student Medical Certificate
- Intercollegiate Athletics Commitment Verification Form
- 2018-2019 Brescia Registration Guide
- Student’s Consent to Release Personal Information
- Timetable Planner
- Timetable Planner – SAMPLE
- Course Selection Worksheet
- Course Selection Worksheet SAMPLE
- Release of Information