Welcome to Brescia’s Undergraduate Academic Advising
Academic Advising at Brescia provides assistance to students through support and guidance relating to university policies, degree requirements, Western’s module system, and various campus support services. Our goal is to empower students to make effective decisions relating to their academics and future career goals. Academic Advising is responsive to student needs, and it often involves continuous contact between student and advisor.
We are here to help you:
- Plan your academic program
- Take responsibility for your learning and goal setting
- Implement strategies for achieving your goals.
- Provide referrals to academic and personal support resources
In an academic advising appointment,
as a student, we expect you to:
- Come prepared with questions, having done some preliminary research
- Be open to possible solutions and resources
- Be willing to follow up if necessary
Frequently Asked Questions
Keep in Contact
Academic Advisors at Brescia
Kaitlin Cole (Preliminary Year Advisor)
Join the Academic Advisors on the Remind App
Are you interested in receiving mobile updates and reminders from the Academic Advising Team at Brescia for the Fall/Winter 2019-20 academic session? If so, simply text @bresciauc to (289) 803-3844 and confirm your details.
Looking to Book an Appointment?
Unsure if you need an appointment? Would you prefer to book your appointment by phone or email? Please contact The Hive at 519-858-5151 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
Academic Advisors are located in the Mother St. James Memorial Building. If you have a scheduled appointment, please go to the Registrar’s Office waiting area located just outside of the Advisors’ offices on the lower level of the Mother St. James Memorial Building. Your Advisor will come and get you when it is time for your appointment.
- Brescia Modules: Quick Reference
- Brescia Residency Requirements
- Brescia Approved Science Courses for Non-Science Students
- Interpretation and Application of Probationary Guidelines
- General Guidelines for Academic Relief
- Academic Accommodation Regulations
- Formal Petition for Dean's Waiver
- Academic (Grade) Appeals
- Voluntary Withdrawal Process