Welcome to Brescia’s Undergraduate Academic Advising
Academic Advising at Brescia provides assistance to students through support and guidance relating to university policies, degree requirements, Western’s module system, and various campus support services. Our goal is to empower students to make effective decisions relating to their academics and future career goals. Academic Advising is responsive to student needs, and it often involves continuous contact between student and advisor.
We are here to help you:
- Plan your academic program
- Take responsibility for your learning and goal setting
- Implement strategies for achieving your goals.
- Provide referrals to academic and personal support resources
Academic Advising at Brescia is a collaborative process. You can expect your Academic Advisor to be:
- Accessible with a reasonable response time
- warm and approachable
In an academic advising appointment, as a student, we expect you to:
- come prepared with questions, having done some preliminary research
- be open to possible solutions and resources
- be willing to follow up if necessary
Academic Advisors at Brescia
Academic Advisors are available for 30 minute individual appointments, and for drop in academic advising on Monday and Wednesday afternoons from 1:30-3:30pm. Advisors are also available to answer quick questions through email. If you are emailing your question, please email it to only one academic advisor.
Looking to Book an Appointment?
To book a 30 minute appointment, please stop by the Registrar’s Office or give us a call at 519-858-5151 to see what dates are available before the end of the exam period. And check back here for updates on the Summer Advising Schedule, which will be coming soon.
Not sure if you should book an appointment or come to Drop in Academic Advising? See below on suggestions on how to get your questions answered most efficiently.
|Drop In Academic Advising: A Student should consider coming to drop in if she feels her questions could be answered in 15 minutes or less. Examples of drop in questions include:||Booking an Appointment:
Reserve a 30 minute appointment to give yourself time to explore your interests. Examples for appointments include:
|Degree Check||Planning your degree|
|Requests for Academic Accommodation||Considering program changes|
|Adding/dropping one course||Concerns about your academic performance|
|Requesting a Letter of Permission (taking a course at another University)||Choosing courses for exchanges|
|Clarification of Western's Academic Policies||How to apply your transfer credits towards your degree|
|Graduate School exploration|
Fall/Winter Advising Hours:
Monday to Thursday – Morning Appointments 9:30am-11:30am, Thursday Afternoon Appointments 1:30-3:30pm
Drop In Advising – Monday and Wednesday from 1:30pm-3:30pm
Academic Advisors are located in Rm 12, St. James Building, Brescia Registrar’s Office. When you arrive for your appointment please check in with the receptionist.
Having Trouble? Call Us at 519-858-5151.
Have specific questions? Check below at our list of frequently used resources.
- Brescia Modules: Quick Reference
- Brescia Residency Requirements
- Brescia Approved Science Courses for Non-Science Students
- Interpretation and Application of Probationary Guidelines
- General Guidelines for Academic Relief
- Academic Accommodation Regulations
- Formal Petition for Dean’s Waiver
- Letter of Permission
- Medical Documentation – Student Medical Certificate
- Intercollegiate Athletics Commitment Verification Form
- Registration Guide
- Timetable Planner
- Timetable Planner – SAMPLE
- Course Selection Worksheet
- Course Selection Worksheet – SAMPLE