Welcome to Brescia’s Undergraduate Academic Advising
Academic Advising at Brescia provides assistance to students through support and guidance relating to university policies, degree requirements, Western’s module system, and various campus support services. Our goal is to empower students to make effective decisions relating to their academics and future career goals. Academic Advising is responsive to student needs, and it often involves continuous contact between student and advisor.
We are here to help you:
- Plan your academic program
- Take responsibility for your learning and goal setting
- Implement strategies for achieving your goals.
- Provide referrals to academic and personal support resources
Academic Advising at Brescia is a collaborative process. You can expect your Academic Advisor to be:
- Accessible with a reasonable response time
- warm and approachable
In an academic advising appointment, as a student, we expect you to:
- come prepared with questions, having done some preliminary research
- be open to possible solutions and resources
- be willing to follow up if necessary
Academic Advisors at Brescia
Academic Advisors are available for 15 minute individual appointments from Monday-Thursday 9:00am-12:00pm and 1:30pm-3:30pm. If you are not in the London area for the summer months, we would be happy to schedule a telephone appointment with you.
Advisors are also available to answer quick questions through email. If you are emailing your question, please email it to only one academic advisor.
Looking to Book an Appointment?
To book a 15 minute appointment, please stop by the Registrar’s Office or give us a call at 519-858-5151. You can also email email@example.com to schedule an appointment.
Please be sure to review the timetable of courses and your module requirements prior to your appointment. This will assist the advisor in helping you with your course registration questions.
Academic Advisors are located in Rm 12, St. James Building, Brescia Registrar’s Office. When you arrive for your appointment please check in with the receptionist.
Having Trouble? Call Us at 519-858-5151.
Have specific questions? Check below at our list of frequently used resources.
- Brescia Modules: Quick Reference
- Brescia Residency Requirements
- Brescia Approved Science Courses for Non-Science Students
- Interpretation and Application of Probationary Guidelines
- General Guidelines for Academic Relief
- Academic Accommodation Regulations
- Formal Petition for Dean’s Waiver
- Letter of Permission
- Medical Documentation – Student Medical Certificate
- Intercollegiate Athletics Commitment Verification Form
- 2015-2016 Brescia Registration Guide
- Timetable Planner
- Timetable Planner – SAMPLE
- Course Selection Worksheet
- Course Selection Worksheet SAMPLE