Letter of Permission

On a Letter of Permission (LOP), students are able to take up to 5.0 courses at another University and transfer the credit(s) towards their degree at Brescia University College. This is typically done in summer, when students plan to return to their hometowns, but wish to take summer courses (and online courses through Western are not an option).

To be eligible for a Letter of Permission, students must be in good standing with the University and in Year 2 or higher at Brescia University College.  (In some cases, Year 1 students can register for a Letter of Permission if they verify mid-year grades through an Academic Advisor.)

Please Follow the Steps Below to Obtain a Letter of Permission:

  1. Pick up or print off a Letter of Permission Form.
  2. Get course outlines from the host university.
  3. Submit the completed  Letter of Permission Form and course outlines to The Hive at Brescia for approval from one of the Academic Advisors.
  4. An Academic Advisor will contact you when the Letter of Permission form is ready to be picked up.  Students will then take the completed form to Student Central (WSSB 1120) and hand it in, and pay the $66.00 Letter of Permission processing fee.  Students can then contact the host University to register for the course.

Students can review and print the Letter of Permission Process.

Note: Once the course is complete, students must request an official transcript from the Host University and submit it to The Hive at Brescia, ATTN: Academic Advisors.

For more information on Letters of Permission, please read the Letter of Permission Eligibility.

Please make an appointment with an Academic Advisor if you have any questions regarding the Letter of Permission process. An appointment can be made by calling The Hive at Brescia at 519-858-5151 or email your questions to brescia@uwo.ca.