The Thesis Stream is for applicants who would like to pursue a masters level education. Students will develop advanced research skills. This program will not prepare the student to become a registered dietitian in Canada.
Meet Thesis Stream student Tess Zanatta (video)
The Internship Stream is for applicants who would like to become Registered Dietitians in Canada.
Meet Internship Stream student Natalie Laframboise (video)
**Please see Internship Stream Admissions and Thesis Stream Admissions sections to ensure you meet the eligibility requirements before applying to the program.
Our graduates have been accepted into PhD programs at institutions such as the London School of Hygiene and Tropical Medicine in England, The University of Guelph (Ontario) and The University of Western Ontario. They have the advanced credentials needed to meet the increasingly complex requirements of institutional settings and client services. Graduate of the MScFN program have found careers in:
- Clinical hospital settings
- Community Health Centres
- Family Health Teams
- Food Industry
- Government Ministries
- Long-term care homes
- Private Practice Counselling
- Public Health Units
- Research and Clinical Trials Centres
- Health Charity Research
Some are also working as contract faculty in the School of Food and Nutritional Sciences, Brescia University College.
For more information on:
Course Assistantship, Funding Opportunities, Tuition, Campus Resources and other topics please visit MSc Foods & Nutrition FAQ
- The School of Graduate and Postdoctoral Studies, Western University
- Food and Nutritional Sciences at Brescia, Faculty and Research Initiatives
- Partnership for Dietetic Education and Practice (PDEP)
- College of Dietitians of Ontario (CDO)
- Dietitians of Canada (DC)