Application Period for September 2017 intake:
November 7, 2016 – January 24, 2017 – firm deadline (NOW CLOSED. Selection for the Sept. 2017 intake has been finalized and all successful candidates have been notified.)
November 7, 2016 – January 31, 2017. Applications for Thesis Stream which are received beyond the January 31st deadline will continue to be accepted and reviewed; however, applicants may have less chance for success of program admission and funding opportunities. Therefore, applicants are strongly encouraged to apply as early as possible. (Application Acceptance NOW CLOSED. Selection for the Sept. 2017 intake has been finalized and all successful candidates have been notified.)
The MScFN program will begin to accept applications for both program streams starting November 1, 2017 for the Fall 2018 intake.
Are You Eligible?
Internship Stream – Please consult admissions requirements website prior to applying Internship Stream Admission Requirements
Thesis Stream – Please consult admissions requirements website prior to applying Thesis Stream Admission Requirements
Submit an online application through the School of Graduate and Postdoctoral Studies: www.grad.uwo.ca/prospective_students/applying/
Please ensure you make note of the components of the application before starting the application. Components are completed as part of the online application and directions will be included throughout the application process.
Items completed through online application:
- TWO REFERENCES from referees who have direct knowledge of the students academic and/or employment/volunteer performance. You will be prompted to submit the contact information for the references as part of the online application process. It is recommended that applicants provide one academic and one work/volunteer related reference. Please note that the reference request forms are not sent to referees until the online application has been received by Western. It is in your best interest to ensure you complete your portion of the application allowing sufficient time for your referees to submit their reference letter before the application deadline.
- Supply TRANSCRIPTS for all post-secondary institutions you have attended.
- Please note: Fall term grades are used to calculate your average. If you are currently enrolled in a post-secondary institution- you will need to order your transcripts directly from your university once your fall term grades have been added to your transcript and upload them directly to your online MScFN application in time to meet the above application deadline.
- RESUME, maximum 2 pages (including volunteer/employment history) + cover letter which describes your future career goals in dietetics, your interest in and commitment to undertake the Masters of Science in Foods and Nutrition program.
- SUPPLEMENTAL QUESTIONS: Please ensure you upload the completed Supplemental Questions document to the Supplemental Documents area of the online application (you will be prompted to do this as part of the online application). The Supplemental Questions document is below – carefully choose the correct document for your application stream (MScFN Thesis or MScFN Internship Stream).
MScFN Internship Stream applicants must also submit:
- Proof of Class G2 Ontario Driver’s Licence (or equivalent). Internship stream students must have access to a vehicle and be able to drive unattended and under various conditions throughout the internship portion of their program.
- Dietitians of Canada Confirmation of Completion of Academic Program form – signed by your accredited undergraduate dietetics education university program administration.
Please note the deadlines for applying to Ontario Graduate Scholarship (OGS). Deadlines and application information are available through this website: http://grad.uwo.ca/current_students/student_finances/ogs.html
Interviews for the MScFN Internship stream program will be held February 23 and 24th, 2017. Please hold those dates. Those selected to attend an interview will be notified the week before, and in-person attendance is mandatory. Those not interviewed during this timeframe will not be considered for acceptance to the program. Final notification of program acceptance will be made to successful MScFN Internship stream applicants by the end of March 2017.
Notification of acceptance will be made to successful MScFN Thesis stream applicants on an ongoing basis, from March 2017 to July 2017.