Application Period for September 2018 intake:
November 2, 2017 – January 19, 2018 – firm deadline.
Note: Those applicants selected for interview will need to be available February 22 and 23rd, 2018 for in person interviewing at Brescia University College.
November 2, 2017 – January 31, 2018. Applications for Thesis Stream which are received beyond the January 31st deadline will continue to be accepted and reviewed; however, applicants may have less chance for success of program admission and funding opportunities. Therefore, applicants are strongly encouraged to apply as early as possible.
Are You Eligible?
Internship Stream – Please consult admissions requirements website prior to applying Internship Stream Admission Requirements
Thesis Stream – Please consult admissions requirements website prior to applying Thesis Stream Admission Requirements
Submit an online application through the School of Graduate and Postdoctoral Studies: www.grad.uwo.ca/prospective_students/applying/
Items completed through online application:
Please ensure you make note of the components of the application before starting the application. Components are completed as part of the online application and directions will be included throughout the application process. To review the Application Process Workshop session notes, view MScFN Application Process
MScFN Internship Stream & Thesis Stream applicants will be required to submit:
- TWO REFERENCES from referees who have direct knowledge of the students academic and/or employment/volunteer performance. It is recommended that applicants provide one academic and one work/volunteer related reference although flexibility does exist for Thesis stream references. Applicants will be prompted to submit the referee contact information as part of the online application process. Referees are notified within 24 hours of the applicant having submitted the contact information and therefore referees should be notified in advance. Applicants must be sure to allow sufficient time for referees to submit their reference letter before the application deadline. For Internship Stream applicants, this portion of the application should be done at latest before the end of December.
- Supply TRANSCRIPTS for all post-secondary institutions you have attended. Fall term grades are used to calculate your average. If you are currently enrolled in a post-secondary institution you will need to upload transcripts once your fall term grades have been added to the transcript, and in time to meet the application deadline. You will be asked to submit official documentation only if you are offered admission to the program. Instructions for uploading documents are outlined in the application so read carefully.
- RESUME should be a maximum of 2 pages (including volunteer/employment history) + cover letter which describes your future career goals in dietetics, your interest in and commitment to undertake the Masters of Science in Foods and Nutrition program.
- SUPPLEMENTAL QUESTIONS Please ensure you upload the completed Supplemental Questions document to the Supplemental Documents area of the online application (you will be prompted to do this as part of the online application). The Supplemental Questions document is below – carefully choose the correct document for your application stream (MScFN Thesis or MScFN Internship Stream).
MScFN Internship Stream applicants must also submit:
- Proof of Class G2 Ontario Driver’s Licence (or equivalent). Internship stream students must have access to a vehicle and be able to drive unattended and under various conditions throughout the internship portion of their program.
- Dietitians of Canada Confirmation of Completion of Academic Program form – signed by your accredited undergraduate dietetics education university program administration.
Please note the deadlines for applying to Canadian Graduate Scholarship (CGS-M) and Ontario Graduate Scholarship (OGS). Deadlines, application information and the application handbook are available through the Western Graduate Studies website at: http://grad.uwo.ca/current_students/student_finances/cgsm.html and http://grad.uwo.ca/current_students/student_finances/ogs.html
Interviews for the MScFN Internship stream program will be held February 22 and 23rd, 2018. Please hold those dates. Those selected to attend an interview will be notified the week before, and in-person attendance is mandatory. Those not interviewed during this timeframe will not be considered for acceptance to the program. Final notification of program acceptance will be made to successful MScFN Internship stream applicants by the end of March 2018.
Notification of acceptance will be made to successful MScFN Thesis stream applicants on an ongoing basis, from March 2018 to July 2018.