Application Period for September 2019 intake:
November 1, 2018 – January 18, 2019 – firm deadline. Applications completed beyond this deadline with not be reviewed. CLOSED-Applications for the MScFN Internship stream program for the September 2019 intake are no longer being accepted. The September 2019 cohort of students has been selected, and the admissions process is now complete.
November 1, 2018 – January 31, 2019. Applications for Thesis Stream which are received beyond the January 31st deadline will continue to be accepted and reviewed; however, applicants may have less chance for success of program admission and funding opportunities. Therefore, applicants are strongly encouraged to apply as early as possible.
Are You Eligible?
Internship Stream – Please consult admissions requirements website prior to applying Internship Stream Admission Requirements
Thesis Stream – Please consult admissions requirements website prior to applying Thesis Stream Admission Requirements
Submit an online application through the School of Graduate and Postdoctoral Studies: www.grad.uwo.ca/prospective_students/applying/
Items completed through online application:
Please ensure you make note of the components of the application before starting the application. Components are completed as part of the online application and directions will be included throughout the application process. To review the Application Process Workshop session notes, view MScFN Application Process
MScFN Internship Stream & Thesis Stream applicants will be required to submit:
- TWO REFERENCES from referees who have direct knowledge of the students academic and/or employment/volunteer performance. One academic and one work related referee is preferred, but not mandatory. Applicants will be prompted to submit the referee contact information as part of the online application process. Referees are notified within 24 hours of the applicant having submitted their contact information and therefore referees should be notified in advance. Applicants must be sure to enter their referee contact information allowing sufficient time for referees to submit their reference letter before the application deadline. For Internship Stream applicants, if is recommended that your referee contact details should be entered into your application before the end of November.
- Supply TRANSCRIPTS for all post-secondary institutions you have attended. Fall term grades are used to calculate your average. If you are currently enrolled in a post-secondary institution you will need to upload transcripts once your fall term grades have been added to the transcript, and in time to meet the application deadline. You will be asked to submit official documentation only if you are offered admission to the program. Instructions for uploading documents are outlined in the application so read carefully.
- RESUME should be a maximum of 2 pages (including volunteer/employment history) + cover letter which describes your future career goals in dietetics, your interest in and commitment to undertake the Masters of Science in Foods and Nutrition program.
- SUPPLEMENTAL QUESTIONS Please ensure you upload the completed Supplemental Questions document to the Supplemental Documents area of the online application (you will be prompted to do this as part of the online application). The Supplemental Questions document is below – carefully choose the correct document for your application stream (MScFN Thesis or MScFN Internship Stream). Internship stream students also need to complete and upload the Practicum Travel Requirement Agreement.
Practicum Travel Requirement Agreement (Internship stream applicants only)
MScFN Internship Stream applicants must also submit:
- Proof of Class G2 Ontario Driver’s Licence (or equivalent). Internship stream students must have access to a vehicle and be able to drive throughout the internship portion of their program. (Note, please see the Practicum Travel Requirement Agreement for more information regarding this requirement.)
- Dietitians of Canada Confirmation of Completion of Academic Program form – signed by your accredited undergraduate dietetics education university program administration.
Please note the deadlines for applying to Canadian Graduate Scholarship (CGS-M) and Ontario Graduate Scholarship (OGS). Deadlines, application information and the application handbook are available through the Western Graduate Studies website at: http://grad.uwo.ca/current_students/student_finances/cgsm.html and http://grad.uwo.ca/current_students/student_finances/ogs.html
Interviews for the MScFN Internship stream program will be held February 21 & 22, 2019. Please hold those dates. Those selected to attend an interview will be notified by email the week before, and in-person attendance is mandatory. Applicants are advised to check their email frequently during this time-frame, including spam or junk email folders. Those not interviewed during this timeframe will not be considered for acceptance to the program. Final notification of program acceptance will be made to successful MScFN Internship stream applicants by April 15, 2019, after which the application process will close.
Notification of acceptance will be made to successful MScFN Thesis stream applicants on an ongoing basis, from March 2019 to July 2019. Notification is made through email, and applicants are advised to check their email frequently, including spam or junk email folders.