The Master of Science in Foods and Nutrition, Thesis Stream is a full-time graduate program for 6 terms (2 years). The Thesis Stream is suitable for students wanting to achieve a Master’s degree and advanced research skills, but does not train students to become Registered Dietitians in Canada. Options for flexibility to accommodate a part-time schedule may be possible. Please contact the academic department to discuss options.
Applicants to the MScFN Thesis Stream program must meet the admissions criteria of Western University’s School of Graduate and Postdoctoral Studies, as follows:
- Honors BSc in Foods and Nutrition program (or an equivalent four year degree)
- Undergraduate courses in research methodology and statistics.
- Minimum undergraduate GPA of 78% on the last 10 Full Course Equivalent credits credits
- Relevant work and volunteer experience
- Demonstrated English language proficiency if English is not your first language
Applicants must meet selection criteria which evaluates the individual’s readiness for advanced practice, ability to plan and conduct research, and potential for leadership in the profession. Experience and performance in professional practice is considered an asset.
Internationally trained applicants including Registered Dietitians: Please see the Internationally Trained Applicants section for information and instructions.