You’ve chosen to take your life in a new direction – and Brescia is here to help. Attending university as a mature student can be a rewarding experience and new opportunities can unfold that may not have seemed possible.
Make a bold change and apply to Brescia as a mature applicant upon meeting the following conditions:
- Be at least 21 years of age in the calendar year in which admission is sought
- Have not been enrolled full-time in an educational institution within the last four years
- This includes high school and post-secondary institutions.
- Have achieved at least a 60% standing in any academic work completed in the last four years
- Not have an academic basis of admission
- Be a Canadian citizen or permanent resident at the time of application
Please note: If you have a prior undergraduate degree, you can apply as an unclassified student, or as a transfer student if you wish to complete a second degree. Students with a previous degree are not considered mature applicants.
Admission to first-year university may be granted based on:
- Transcripts of any academic work completed
- A resume outlining activities and
- A personal statement of consideration for admission
After applying to Brescia University through the Ontario Universities Application Centre, send documentation to:
Brescia University College
Office of the Registrar, Admissions
1285 Western Road
London, Ontario, Canada N6G 1H2
Part-time vs Full-time Studies
To help you adjust to your new university lifestyle and balance your other responsibilities, Brescia generally offers part-time studies to mature applicants within the first year, but if you’re up to the challenge you can apply as a full-time student in year two.
If you’re ready to take on the challenge of a full-time university schedule in your first year, we ask that you submit a letter to the Admissions Office indicating why full-time enrollment is necessary, how you know that you will be successful in your university studies, and what you wish to gain from the experience.
Questions? Contact our Admissions Office at 519-858-5151 or firstname.lastname@example.org to set up a time to chat with one of our Admissions Officers.