As one of nearly 5,000 Brescia alumnae living around the world, you know what it means to lead boldly – no matter where life has taken you. Whether you’re a quiet leader or one who enjoys the spotlight, we trust that your Brescia education has prepared you for this rapidly changing world.
Canada’s only women’s university continues to be committed to educating passionate, creative women – like you – who have a desire to not just fulfill personal goals but who also want to make a difference in the world. These days we call it Brescia Bold. A powerful statement that fits what Brescia has always done best: Preparing women to Choose to Lead. View our flickr photo gallery to see what’s happening at Brescia.
Alumnae Association - Election 2013 - Call For Nominations
If you attended Brescia for one full year or longer, you belong to the Association and have the opportunity to submit a nomination for election and to vote for your Alumnae Association Executive, which represents you and your fellow Brescia alumnae. The Executive is comprised of a maximum of 25 members and its members are charged with the following:
- To represent all alumnae, including but not limited to their own faculty and classmates;
- To share ideas and react to proposals about how best to engage alumnae in Brescia University College’s work, and promote interest among alumnae in attending events;
- To actively reach out to friends, neighbours, colleagues and associates to identify Brescia’s alumnae and encourage their involvement in the Association;
- To attend, in person or by teleconference, at least four meetings annually and participate in additional meetings as required;
- To regularly participate in Alumnae activities on campus, in London, or in your region.
This September, voting will take place to fill nine open positions. You can nominate yourself or someone else by completing this form and returning it to the Alumnae Relations Office no later than August 23, 2013. Find out more about the Executive here or contact us for more information. Electronic voting will take place September 2 - 15.
Put a ring on it!
In 2012, Brescia introduced a bold new ring ceremony to Baccalaureate! Read the Brescia Alumnae Pledge that is read by all graduates during the ceremony.
If you're an alumna, you can be part of this exciting tradition that is exclusive to Brescia graduates. For ring details and information on how to order, click here. To request your Ring Verification Form, contact the Alumnae Relations Office.
Even after graduation, your connection to Brescia continues through:
- Alumnae Association Membership - founded in 1927, this organization will keep you connected to Brescia and to other alumnae. Any student who has completed at least one year at Brescia is considered a member of the Alumnae Association and in turn maintains rights and access to this membership
- Alumnae Association Executive - be a part of the leadership group that continues to provide events and the true alumna experience both on campus and around the world. To learn more about this group of women click here or contact the Alumnae Relations Office.
- BOLD Magazine - Brescia’s alumnae magazine is published twice a year
- Career Services - find out about possible careers or brush up on your job-seeking skills. For an additional two years after graduation you will have access to our Career Services Centre and your own career counsellor.
- Eternal e-mail account - apply now for your brescia email address. It's of no cost to you and stays active as long as you like. After you've received your account login, visit our login homepage and see the simple steps to get started.
- Brescia University College Foundation - dedicated alumnae and community volunteers raise funds to enhance student life and Brescia’s future. There are many ways that you can support Brescia and stay involved through the Foundation
- iWIL - The Institute for Women in Leadership provides information and opportunities for women to enhance their leadership abilities. Contact Kate Norton to learn more about getting involved!
- Library - borrow materials from Brescia’s Beryl Ivey Library as well as from any of Western’s campuses: Main, Huron, and King’s
- Residence - if you’re visiting London, you may stay the night in Residence
We want to hear from you!
If you have questions, updates, or comments, send us an e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org
or phone us at 519-432-8353 ext. 28446.