Over the years, Brescia has had the opportunity to recognize many bold alumnae for their outstanding career achievements and tremendous contributions to the community.
Consider nominating one of your outstanding friends or classmates to be honoured with an award in October at our Centennial Homecoming.
The Carmelle Murphy Alumnae Award of Distinction
The award was established in 2001 in honour of Carmelle Murphy (’51) in recognition of her dedicated service to Brescia. This award recognizes the accomplishments of Brescia graduates who have:
- Shown achievement in their chosen field;
- Contributed to the development of others;
- Contributed to their community;
- Demonstrated outstanding characteristics;
- Acted as a role model for others.
Sister Mary Lou McKenzie Young Alumnae Award of Merit
This award was renamed in 2011 after Sister May Lou McKenzie in honour of her dedication to Brescia and its students. The recipient will be an alumna of Brescia University College who has graduated within the past 10 years. This award recognizes the accomplishments of Brescia graduates who have:
- The recipient will be an alumna of Brescia University College who has graduated within the past 10 years.
- She will have consented to be nominated
- She will be available to attend the award presentation on the Sunday of Homecoming. (In the case of a posthumous award, a member of the deceased’s family must be present to accept the award.)
The 2019 nomination deadline is April 30. All nominations are reviewed by the Governance Committee of the Alumnae Association. Any questions for the committee may be directed to firstname.lastname@example.org.