Events at Brescia
Brescia believes in community and in bringing people together. This busy little university hosts many flagship events throughout the year, including the Sophia Series of public lectures, the Take the Lead public speaking contest, Breakfast for Bursaries, More than a Book Sale, plus a host of other public events and lectures.
Planning an Event?
Planning events as either a member of a Brescia Club, the Brescia University Students’ Council or as a student at large can be an exciting but sometimes daunting process. In order to assist Brescia students with the event planning process and to enhance risk management at Brescia, all student event organizers need to complete an Event Application form.
The Event Approval and Room Booking Process
1. Complete the Event Application form – Please ensure that you provide as much detail about your event as possible.
2. The Brescia Events Review Committee (EVC) will make every effort to respond to your event application via email within 48 business hours. EVC will offer one of three responses to your event:
a) Approval: Your event will be approved as submitted.
b) Pending Approval: Your event will be approved pending the submission of further information by the event organizer as requested by EVC
c) Not-Approved: In very few cases EVC may not approve an event. An explanation of why the event is not approved will accompany this response.
3. If your event involves a Room Booking at Brescia: Please ensure that you complete an online Conference Room Booking form. Note that this is in addition to filling out the Student Event Form above!
Room bookings are tentatively held, if available, until your event has been approved. Upon event approval, your room booking will be confirmed. If the room you've requested is unavailable, you will be notified about this. Confirmation of room bookings for student events cannot occur until the event application has been approved by EVC.
4. If your event needs a Parking Waiver or Parking Passes: Parking enforcement can be waived in special circumstances for events at Brescia. If your event involves a large number of community guests/participants who do not normally park at Brescia, you may be able to request that parking enforcement be temporarily cancelled for the duration of your event. In order to request this, please complete the Parking Waiver Request form.
You will be asked to provide basic information about your event including how many guest vehicles are expected. This request is sent to the Brescia Events Review Committee (EVC) which will determine, at its sole discretion, if it is appropriate to waive parking enforcement for your event and if so will ensure that this is arranged. EVC will confirm back with your regarding the status of your request.
If your event involves a smaller number of community guests/participants/ speakers who do not normally park at Brescia, it may be more appropriate for you to purchase parking passes which you can also indicate on the parking form. Please note that you are responsible for purchasing your parking passes. Parking passes can be purchased through the Business Office, Reception and the Registrar's Office. If you are a Brescia staff/faculty member requesting guest parking passes, they can be obtained specifically through the Business Office (requires department head/dean's approval).
Questions? Please contact the Brescia Events Review Committee at firstname.lastname@example.org
Brescia Event Review Committee
The Brescia Event Review Committee (EVC) is an internal committee comprised of both Staff and Student representatives. This committee is responsible for reviewing all Student Event Applications and was developed to ensure a consistent and comprehensive implementation of Brescia's Risk Management Policy and to ensure that Brescia sponsored events reflect the vision, mission and values of our educational institution. Questions? Please contact us at email@example.com
Event Planning Resources
- The Event Planning Checklist is a handy resource to support the development of a well planned event.
- Review Brescia's Alcohol Policy and Sober Monitor/Designated Driver Role Description here.
Want help promoting your event?
Use the handy 'Megaform' to promote your Brescia-related event in our news and social media channels. The megaform lets you tune your messages and select the channels you want to use for promotion. Use the Megaform and get your message out!
For inclusion in social media, several days before your event is the best time to use the megaform and distribute your message. For events that require more notice, or that you want included in the Weekly Leader, two weeks is even better.