Caring is always in fashion
About Christina’s Closet
Founded in August 2018 by Brescia’s International Co-ordinator Christina Lord, Christina’s Closet is a student-centred program which offers Brescia students with the opportunity to obtain complimentary clean, new and gently-used co-ed clothing, accessories and household items generously donated by Brescia’s students, faculty, staff and alumnae as well as local community members.
Christina’s Closet was established to provide a warm and safe space for students who may be in need of seasonal or general clothing and accessories.
At Brescia, we are committed to providing an empowering environment for students to succeed academically and personally and to thrive as leaders. By limiting financial barriers, and providing easy access to basic needs, we believe students have a higher prospect of reaching their potential and creating and achieving a bold future.
In addition, as an environmentally-conscious community, Christina’s Closet also aspires to limit landfill waste by providing a second life to clothing and other donated goods.
How it Works
Located in Room 231 in Ursuline Hall, Christina’s Closet is open year-long to Brescia students. Guests of Christina’s Closet are welcome to take up to 5 items, and additional items will be considered by case. Appointments to access Christina’s Closet can be made by contacting Christina Lord at email@example.com.
Support Christina’s Closet
Donations will be accepted throughout the year and can be made by dropping off items in a designated bin, located in Brescia’s St. James Building foyer.
Guidelines for Donation
- All clothing and accessories must be in good condition, cleaned and ready to wear
- Clothing and accessories must be less than 5 years old and/or in style
- Those offering a large-scale donation are encouraged to contact Christina Lord (firstname.lastname@example.org) in advance to facilitate the donation process
- Please see “High Priority List” for items most in need. Please note: this rotating list will change by season and demand.
- Items that we do not accept include: textbooks, large appliances, beds, worn out and/or stained clothing and linens
While Brescia appreciates all donations, additional financial support enables us to purchase other high priority or additional items for our students. All monetary donations will be utilized to supplement the Christina’s Closet inventory and facilities. Cheques can be made to Brescia University College.
For additional information, please contact Christina Lord at email@example.com.