Types of Support
Brescia students have access to the full schedule of events offered on main campus. Look at the event calendar and register for sessions using Career Central.
We are happy to offer workshops on the following topics to groups of 10 or more students; we will work with you to customize the session where possible. We require two weeks notice and will grant requests on a first-come basis according to resource and staff availability.Students, staff, and faculty are welcome to submit requests.
- Career Exploration
- Resume & Cover Letter Development
- Interview Techniques
- Creating an Effective LinkedIn Student Profile
- Job Search Strategies
- Collaboration & Communication
- Conflict Resolution
- Resume Clinic (Bring our Career Peer resume & cover letter review services to your group)
Do you require particular support in your career planning process? Have you started your own career research and have specific questions you’d like ask? Having trouble articulating your skills and interests?
We offer bookable one-on-one appointments with our staff on:
Alternating Wednesday mornings from 10:00 a.m. – 12:30 p.m. and Thursday afternoons from 1:00 p.m. – 3:30 p.m.
Appointment Booking Process:
First appointment: A 30-min intake session. This session is used to assess your career needs moving forward. We require your initial one-on-one appointment to be an intake session.
Follow-up appointments: After an intake session follow-up career appointments are 30 mins
Policy on Cancellations, No Shows, & Late Arrivals
Cancellations: We require 24 hours’ notice to cancel an appointment. Students can cancel their appointment in any of the following ways:
- Call The Hive at 519-858-5151
- Email The Hive at email@example.com
- Email the Student Life Centre at firstname.lastname@example.org
No Shows: Those who fail to show for an appointment (one time) or who cancel but fail to give adequate notice on two occasions will not be able to book an appointment until the following term.
Late Arrivals: If you arrive 10 or more minutes late for your appointment, the Student Life Centre will determine if the appointment can continue.
Curricular Career Support
Are you a faculty member who is looking to help students build practical career skills through assignments and coursework? We can help in the following ways:
- Mock interview support
- Resume and cover letter writing workshops
- Informational interviewing presentations
- Myers-Briggs Type Indicator (MBTI) personality inventory + workshop debriefs
- Professional development conferences
- Career options for the discipline
- Handouts or resource kits
- Short presentations on any career-related topic you feel is relevant to the development of the students in your courses
- Consultation regarding other ways we may be able to serve your needs
We support recent Brescia graduates, up to one year after graduation. As a recent grad and new alumna, you can receive the following support:
- Unlimited access to our career-related programs, events, & initiatives, such as:
- Career workshops
- Resume and cover letter critiques from our trained Career Peers
- Access to our Employment & Volunteer Postings online service
- One-on-one career appointments (see details on ‘Career Appointments’ tab)