“Your primary influence is the environment you create.” – Peter Senge
Your Brescia experience is yours to create; it’s up to you to make the most of your time while you’re here. Being a student at Brescia is more than going to lectures, writing papers, reading textbooks, and studying late into the night. In your time as a university student, you will have the chance to experience new things, meet new people, and participate in various opportunities—all the while, learning more about who you are and what you want for your future.
- Invest in your own leadership development
- Serve as an executive member of a student club
- Be active as a leader on Students’ Council
- Mentor and guide other students as a peer leader, Soph Peer Mentor, or Residence Assistant
- Engage with your local or global community
- Conduct research in one of your courses
- Build your professional network
- Study abroad on exchange
- Attend workshops or events to expand your skills set
- Or…be the one creating, coordinating, and facilitating workshops or events for others at Brescia!
No matter what you choose, the opportunities are vast for you to create positive change at Brescia, in London, and within yourself.
Choose well, not all.
When it comes to building your experience and getting involved, consider the quality of the opportunities you are seeking over the quantity of opportunities.
There will always be more to choose from than there is time in the day to be involved with them. Choosing your opportunities well, as opposed to choosing everything that comes your way, is the key to balance and success as a student at Brescia.