How to Apply
- Apply for OSAP online at http://osap.gov.on.ca. Students with a couse load of 60% (3.0 courses) or more can apply for full-time OSAP funding.
- Select “Western University” as your Institution, but remember to select a Brescia program by keying in “Brescia” in the program search box.
- Submit all required OSAP documents to Brescia. Brescia is affiliated with Western University, but all financial assistance for Brescia students is administered at Brescia for the academic year of September to April. If you do send your documentation to Western, it will eventually be forwarded on to Brescia by UWO.
- Submit your Master Student Financial Assistance Agreement (MSFAA) in person to a designated Canada Post Outlet right away. A list of locations is available here. You will be required to present two pieces of documents to prove your identity: Proof of Social Insurance Number, and one piece of valid government issued photo ID.
- You can continue to check the status of your application by visiting the OSAP website.
- Please check your “Message Centre” through your OSAP account for important updates or information from the Financial Aid Office.
When to Apply
- Apply and Submit the OSAP application by June 30th, annually to allow for funds to be available for the September OSAP release and to qualify for fee deferment consideration.
- Submit all signature pages and required supporting documentation in person to the HIVE or by mail to Brescia no later than the first Friday in July for fee deferment consideration. Mailing address: Financial Aid Officer, Brescia University College. 1285 Western Rd. London, ON N6G 1H2.
Qualified OSAP students will be allowed to defer their payment of tuition and residence fees due in mid-August, until their OSAP funding is released. To qualify you must meet ALL of the following conditions:
- Applied for OSAP by June 30th and submitted to Brescia all outstanding OSAP paperwork no later than the first Friday in July and;
- Selected the option that allows “the Ministry may use a portion of my OSAP funding to pay, on my behalf, my tuition and compulsory fees directly to my school” a question directly on the OSAP application and;
- Verified that you will be receiving OSAP funding and that your September/January disbursement of OSAP is enough to cover your First/Second installment of fees. If it is not you will need to pay the difference by the appropriate deadline. Refer here for Brescia’s deadlines.
Return to the Main Brescia OSAP Page