Carmelle Murphy Award of Distinction
The Carmelle Murphy Award of Distinction was established in 2001 in honour of Carmelle
Murphy (’51) in recognition of her dedicated service to Brescia University College.
Recipients of the Carmelle Murphy Alumnae Award of Distinction must:
- Be a graduate of Brescia University College
- Be available to attend the award presentation on the Sunday of Homecoming. In the
caseof a post-humous award, a member of the deceased’s family must be present to accept
Achievement in Field
- Why is this nominee deserving of this award? What is her greatest accomplishment?
- Is the nominee recognised by her peers and the general population as having reached
a high level of accomplishment or expertise in her field?
Contribution to the Development of Individuals
- How have others been enriched or enabled by virtue of exposure to or by influence
of the nominee?
Contribution to the Community
- Has the nominee been a catalyst for substantive, new or existing programs or services?
And, has she shown a commitment to service within her community? Give a description
of her volunteer work and her motivation. Describe how her community has benefited
from her work.
Other Outstanding Characteristics
- State how the nominee has been recognized by her peers, including any special awards
she has received. Add any additional comments you have, which make this nominee distinctive,
including any obstacles she overcame to realise her achievements.
- Name three strengths about this nominee that are indicative of her leadership abilities
in her community and provide some examples.
- Describe how the nominee has demonstrated her ability to be a role model for others
in the various aspects of her life. How does she typify the values and strengths of
How to Apply
Completing this form is only the first part of the nomination process. After submitting
the nomination form, you will be contacted to arrange the submittal of the following
- Nominee’s resume
- Supporting documents, e.g. letters of support (maximum five pages)
Nominations for 2019 close on April 30. Any nominations received after the closing
date will be forwarded to the following year.
Nominate a bold alumnae today
- 2019: Erin Rankin Nash ’84
- 2018: Sara Francolini, ’83
- 2017: Mary McGrath, ’57
- 2016: Wilma de Rond, ’81
- 2015: Patricia Pettigrew, ’55
- 2014: Mary Kay Kelly, ’57 and Nora Newton, ’57
- 2013: Ann Hawkins, ’63
- 2012: Susan Horvath, ’77
- 2011: Dr. Stephanie Atkinson, ’68
- 2010: Joan Francolini, ’55
- 2009: Marlene Wyatt, ’71
- 2008: Dr. Beryl Ivey, ’47
- 2007: Patricia Charles, ’58
- 2006: Franca Fortner, ’68
- 2005: Dr. Elsa Marziali, ’68
- 2004: Dr. Marlene MacLeish, ’68