Dr. James Doelman
- M.A. and Ph.D., McMaster University
- B.A. (Hons). Western University
Research and Scholarly Interests
General area of interest is late sixteenth and early seventeenth-century literature;
within that broad area, I work with:
- Elegies and epitaphs
- Religious poetry
- Poetry in manuscript
- Introduction to Literature and Composition
- Renaissance Literature
- Restoration and Eighteenth-Century Literature
- Death and Early Modern Literature
- Tolkien, Lewis and Friends
- King James I and the Religious Culture of England, Oxford: Boydell and Brewer, 2000.
- The Epigram in England: 1590-1640. Manchester: Manchester University Press, 2016.
- “Claimed by two religions: The Elegy on Thomas Washington, 1623, and Middleton’s A Game at Chesse”. Studies in Philology. 110 (2013): 318-49.
- ‘The Daring Pen of Sorrow’: Elegies on the Death of Thomas Murray (1564-1623)”, Seventeenth Century. October 2017.