Aerial photo of Brescia University College

Letter of Permission

A Letter of Permission (LOP) gives students the option to take up to 5.0 courses at another university and apply those completed credit(s) towards their degree at Brescia. To be eligible for a LOP, students must be an upper-year student in good academic standing (in some cases, first-year students can register for a LOP if they verify mid-year grades through an Academic Advisor).

Letter of Permission Eligibility Letter of Permission Form

  1. Review your eligibility by printing the LOP form.
  2. Submit all applicable course outlines and the LOP form to The Hive.
  3. Pending approval, an Academic Advisor will email you when the LOP form is ready for pick up. The approved LOP must be submitted to Student Central at Western main campus – WSSB 1120 and the fee paid. You must contact the host university to register for the course after the approved LOP form is submitted to main campus.
  4. Complete the course at the host university. Once completed, submit a request to the host university to have an official final transcript mailed to your Academic Advisor (at Brescia) as soon as your final grades are processed at the host university.
  5. To verify that your LOP grade has been added to your Western Academic Record, visit your Student Center and click on “View Transfer Credit Report”. Please ensure your LOP grade is displaying on this record before ordering your Western transcript. This can take four weeks to process.