Our Vision is that the Brescia Community Gardens will be places where all members of the Brescia
community will build friendships and social awareness of food while promoting learning,
health, well-being, equity, and sustainability.
Our Mission is that the gardens will be welcoming outdoor community places where the focus is
on people, sustainable gardening, learning, teaching, diversity and healthy food choices.
Our Values are to be inclusive, creative, innovative, enthusiastic, and empathic.
To achieve our Vision and Mission, we will:
- encourage garden members to set and achieve their goals
- allow members to participate in decision making and to consider the social, community
and environmental impacts of the decision
- work with and through others committed to building healthy and active communities
- develop partnerships and networks with government, community, public and private sector
- focus on the sustainability of programs and initiatives over the longer term
- act against discrimination – treating everyone with respect
- be well governed, effectively managed and a sustainable not-for-profit community organization.
Our Community Gardens will:
- promote healing and enjoyment of the outdoors
- provide relaxation and alleviate stress through personal and group endeavours
- connect people in our community
- encourage inter-generational and inter-cultural interactions and learning.
- enable access to fresh, nutritious food
- practice environmental awareness
- build an appreciation of food and food systems
- provide a means of local action on global issues.