COVID-19 update: Due to continued travel restrictions and concern for community spread,
Brescia will not be offering this program as scheduled in July 2020. We are hopeful
that we can offer next summer in July 2021.
Girls LEAD International is designed to provide girls with the tools to become exceptional
leaders in a fun, supportive and educational environment. Girls LEAD International
started in 2012 when Brescia partnered with St. Paul’s Convent School in Hong Kong.
The two-week camp provides students with the opportunity for an international experience
at the Brescia University College campus in London, Ontario where they can focus on
female leadership and empowerment.
The Girls LEAD International camp is based on three tiers that enable campers to develop
their leadership skills in distinct, yet inter-connected, fields:
- Connecting With Others
- Building Community and Making Change
This curriculum is taught through using a variety of methods, including:
- Experiential learning
- Personal and group reflection
- Team building activities
After completing the Girls LEAD International camp, our LEAD-ers will:
- Increase their sense of self-awareness and self-worth
- Expand their capacity for critical thinking
- Heighten their degree of personal growth
- Increase their communication skills
- Gain the ability to collaborate with others
- Understand the meaning of leadership and how it applies to the world around us
Are you an organization or institution interested in exploring a partnership with
Girls LEAD? We would be love to explore collaboration opportunities with you. For
more information, please contact, firstname.lastname@example.org, for more information.