Applicants to the MScFN Internship Stream program must meet the admissions criteria of Western University’s, School of Graduate and Postdoctoral Studies, and the Brescia University College, School of Food and Nutritional Sciences program requirements, as follows:
- Bachelor of Science in Foods and Nutrition four year honours degree Bachelor of Science in Foods and Nutrition four year honours degree which is accredited by the Partnership for Dietetic Education and Practice (PDEP) within the past 3 years (2018 or later).
- Applicants must submit confirmation of completion of a PDEP accredited program. This form should be supplied to you by, and signed by the head of the academic department overseeing your accredited undergraduate program.
- Undergraduate courses in each Research Methodology and Statistics.
- Minimum undergraduate GPA of 78 per cent on the last 10 Full Course Equivalent credits.
- Relevant work and volunteer experience (resume required).
- A G2 driver’s license (or equivalent), access to a vehicle, and the ability to drive unattended during the entire practicum portion of the program.
- Ability to attend the program interviews during a week in mid to late February, if invited.
Demonstrated English language proficiency if English is not your first language.
o The Test of English as a Foreign Language (TOEFL). Minimum acceptable score is 625 for the paper and pencil version, or 107 for the internet version. [Western’s TOEFL ID is 0984].
o The International English Language Testing Service (IELTS). Minimum acceptable score is 8 out of 9.* Note: For a complete list of accredited undergraduate Foods and Nutrition programs, please see the Partnership for Dietetic Education and Practice website.
If you graduated from a Canadian PDEP accredited Foods and Nutrition/Dietetics program more than 3 years ago you have 2 options to demonstrate that your knowledge is current to become eligible to apply:
- Achieve a Level 1 Result on the College of Dietitians of Ontario’s Knowledge and Competence Assessment Tool. For more information.
- Upgrade core upper year courses at Brescia. Contact us for more information.