Applicants to the MScFN Internship Stream program must meet the admissions criteria of Western University’s, School of Graduate and Postdoctoral Studies, as follows:
- Bachelor of Science in Foods accredited by the Partnership for Dietetic Education and Practice (PDEP) within the past 3 years (2017 or later).
- Applicants must submit confirmation of completion of a PDEP accredited program. This form should be supplied and signed by the head of the academic department overseeing your accredited undergraduate program.
- Undergraduate courses in each Research Methodology and Statistics.
- Minimum undergraduate GPA of 78 per cent on the last 10 Full Course Equivalent credits.
- Relevant work and volunteer experience (resume required).
- Demonstrated English language proficiency if English is not your first language.
- The Test of English as a Foreign Language (TOEFL). Minimum acceptable score is 625 for the paper and pencil version, or 107 for the internet version. [Western’s TOEFL ID is 0984].
- The International English Language Testing Service (IELTS). Minimum acceptable score is 8 out of 9.
- A G2 driver’s license (or equivalent) and access to a vehicle for the practicum portion of the program is also a requirement. The ability to drive unattended throughout the practicum portion of the program is mandatory.
- Ability to attend in person interview during a week in February, if invited.
* Note: For a complete list of accredited undergraduate Foods and Nutrition programs, please see the Partnership for Dietetic Education and Practice website.
If you graduated from a Canadian PDEP accredited Foods and Nutrition/Dietetics program more than 3 years ago you have 2 options to demonstrate that your knowledge is current to become eligible to apply:
- Achieve a Level 1 Result on the College of Dietitians of Ontario’s Knowledge and Competence Assessment Tool. For more information.
- Upgrade core upper year courses at Brescia. Contact us for more information.