The Beryl Ivey Library is committed to ensuring all members of the Brescia community
have equal access to books, materials and services at the University. Individuals
requesting arrangements for accessible assistance are encouraged to contact the Service
Desk at 519-432-8353 ext. 28250 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
The Library is located in the centre of campus in the Mother St. James Memorial Building.
With an accessible ground floor and upper floor, the library is designed to be adaptable
to many needs for students. All library staff are able to assist with:
- Reference and research assistance
- Using Omni, databases and other research tools
- Using library equipment, including copiers, printers, etc.
- Retrieving materials from high shelves and other inaccessible areas
- Extending loan periods and renewing materials by telephone
- Making arrangements for a designated person to sign out materials on your behalf
- Holding materials at the Service Desk for pick-up
- Contacting other library locations to avoid unnecessary trips
Materials & services available for accessibility needs in the Library include:
- Wheelchair accessible workstations are located on the main floor. These stations include
Zoom Text, Kurzweil 3000, as well as word processing software.
- A study table is available with adjustable height to help adapt to accessibility needs.
- Alternative formats of readings are available through requested accommodation from
Student Accessibility Services:
- Student Accessibility Services coordinates the provision of course textbooks, course
packs and other required material in alternate formats. Requests should be made as
soon as possible after courses have been selected on the online request form.
- Assistance with retrievals and copying of material can be requested at the Service
Desk. Call number and page numbers (if applicable) are required before making your
- Films purchased for the Beryl Ivey Library collection have caption capability and/or
include audio descriptions. Please note that material purchased prior to August 2015
may not meet accessibility standards but, upon request, the Library will endeavour
to acquire an accessible copy.
- Accessible washrooms are available on the main floor