Student sitting in classroom

Student Tax Information

Receipts for the previous year’s tax receipts are made available by the end of February. Students receiving a Brescia scholarship, award or bursary are required to supply their Social Insurance Number to the Brescia Business Office (St. James Building, Room 152) for tax receipt purposes. 

Tax Receipts

T2202A – Tuition Tax Receipt
These receipts are issued by calendar year not academic year.  These receipts can be accessed online through your Student Center. Make sure there is no active pop-up blocker or virus protector that is preventing the form from loading. It also works best to access the form using a PC versus Mac computer.
T4 – Brescia Employment Tax Receipt
These are tax receipts issued for employment income by Brescia’s Payroll Department. Active BOLD Works-Work Study students will have their T4s uploaded to OWL. An email will be sent to those specific students with instructions. For all others, these slips will be mailed to the most recent address on file as of the last day of February, under Canada Revenue Agency (CRA) legislation. 
T4A – Scholarship, Bursary & Award Tax Receipts
Students who provided consent to have this form sent electronically (by the requested deadline) will receive these slips via their UWO email account. For all other students these slips will be mailed to the most recent address on your official file as of the last day of February, under Canada Revenue Agency (CRA) legislation. 
Residence Tax Receipts

Tax receipts are not issued for Brescia’s Residence. Residence fees cannot be claimed as rent payments on income tax returns. 

Replacement Copy

If you require a replacement copy of your T4 or T4A, you may request a printed or electronic copy at no charge. Please provide 5-7 business days’ notice for a replacement copy of your information slip(s). As many of these slips are being mailed out at the very end of February, please allow at least 7-10 business days for delivery in the mail PRIOR to confirming the need to request any replacement or duplicate. Replacement requests can be sent to

International Students

Brescia is required to report tax receipt information to all students to enable them to complete their Canadian tax returns. For information on whether you need to file a Canadian tax return and/or a tax return in your country of origin, as well as information on how to file a Canadian tax return as an international student, visit the International & Exchange Student Centre. The IESC also offers income tax clinics for international students every year in March.

Free Tax Clinic for Students

Free Tax Clinics are organized by the Western University Students’ Council (USC) every year in March. All tax returns are prepared and electronically submitted to the Canada Revenue Agency by CRA trained and authorized volunteers. For more information visit the USC Income Tax Clinic

For any questions or more information, please contact Tanner Pantry, Accounting Officer.