Date/Time: Friday, September 25, 2020 from 1-3pm.
- Virtually through Zoom (register here) *Max 18 people
The Upstander program aims develop a culture of looking out for one another on campus. It takes the motto, "take care of yourself, take care of each other, take care of this place" and creates a call to action. The Upstander program is rooted in Bystander Training programs, which are specifically focused to teach people skills to help others, by intervening safely in any situation where someone might be at risk of harm.
Participants will engage in discussions about these topics:
- The Bystander Effect
- Sexual Violence, Rape Culture, Consent
- Gender & Gender Stereotypes
- Power, Privilege, Identity, & Insectionality
- Motivating Upstander Action
- Responding to a Disclosure
Faciltator(s): Leanne Ford & Meg Pirie, Student Life