Professor, English, School of Humanities
Office: BR 179
Telephone: 519-432-8353 ext 28244
- B.A. (Hons), University of Toronto
- M.A., Western University
- Ph.D., Western University
Research and Scholarly Interests
- Medieval and Renaissance literature
- SF and Fantasy
- Children’s literature
- Canadian literature
- Graphic Novels
- Understanding Literature, English 1020E
- Children’s Literature, English 2033E
- Renaissance Literature, English 3224E
- Shakespeare and Drama, English 3227E
- Medieval Language and Literature, English 3116E
- Hamlet, Hamlet, Hamlet, English 4230G
- “An Alternative History of Canadian Cartoonists.” International Journal of Comic Art 17.2 (2016): 133-61.
- The Science Fiction of Phyllis Gotlieb: A Critical Reading. McFarland & Co., 2015
- Seth: Conversations (co-edited with Eric Hoffman). University Press of Mississippi, 2015.
- Chester Brown: Conversations (co-edited with Eric Hoffman). Jackson: University Press of Mississippi, 2013.
- Dave Sim: Conversations (co-edited with Eric Hoffman). Jackson: University Press of Mississippi, 2013.
- Aardvarkian Intertexts and True Stories. Cerebus the Barbarian Messiah: Essays on the Epic Graphic Satire of Dave Sim and Gerhard. Ed. Eric Hoffman. Jefferson NC: McFarland, 2012. 103-17.
- “Testing the Limits of Genre/Gender.” Cerebus the Barbarian Messiah: Essays on the Epic Graphic Satire of Dave Sim and Gerhard. Ed. Eric Hoffman. Jefferson NC: McFarland, 2012. 163-74.
- “The Anti-Heinleinian Hero of The Last Canadian.” Foundation 110 (2011): 60-72.
- “The Dystopian Family in Brazil.” Meridian Critic 16.1 (2010): 65–74.
- “Writers and Metafiction in Three Stephen King Texts.” Critical Insights: Stephen King. Ed. Gary Hoppenstand. Pasadena: Salem Press, 2010. 61–77.
- “The Canterbury Tales: The Critical Reception.” Critical Insights: The Canterbury Tales. Ed. Jack Lynch. Pasadena: Salem Press, 2010. 17–30.
- “The Purpose of Praying: Devotion and Performance in Hamlet.” In-Between 17.1&2 (2008): 61–72.
- “The Future King: Camelot 3000.” Journal of Popular Culture 41.1 (2008): 21–36.