Associate Professor, School of Food and Nutritional Sciences
Adjunct Research Professor, Department of Paediatrics, Western University
Scientist, Children’s Health Research Institute (CHRI)
Scientist, Lawson Health Research Institute (LHRI)
Adjunct Associate Professor, Department of Epidemiology & Biostatistics, Western University
Faculty Associate, Human Environments Analysis Laboratory, Western University
Office: Ursuline Hall, Room 317
Telephone: 519-432-8353 ext 28284
- PhD, Department of Sociology, Western University
- MA, Department of Sociology, Western University
- BA, Department of Sociology, Western University
Research and Scholarly Interests
- Socioeconomic status and health inequality across the life course
- The influence of childhood family structure on status attainment and health
- Fetal origins of adult disease
- Genotype-environment interactions and developmental trajectories over time
- Study design and advanced statistical methods
- Research Methodology, HE 4411F, HE 4411G
- Research Methods and Statistics, FN 9222A
- Nutritional Epidemiology and Statistics, FN 9711A
- Statistics for Sociology, SOC 2205B
- Nutrition Throughout the Human Life Cycle, FN 2241B
Grants and Awards
- Brescia Research Grant. “Sociodemographic characteristics and birth outcomes of women receiving midwife-led care compared to physician-led and shared models of care in Southwestern Ontario.”
- Brescia University College: Award for Excellence in Research
- Canadian Institutes of Health Research (CIHR). ““Evaluation of a smartphone based intervention for improving food literacy, food purchasing, and diet quality among youth in urban, suburban, and rural environments.”
- CHRI Graduate Research Fellowship. “Evaluation of a smartphone app for improving diet quality among youth in urban, suburban, and rural environments.”
- CHRI Graduate Research Fellowship. “Evaluation of a smartphone app for improving food purchasing behaviours among high school youth in Southwestern Ontario.”
- Brescia Research Grant. “Geospatial analysis of adverse birth outcomes in Southwestern Ontario: Examining “hotspots” and environmental factors.”
- Social Sciences and Humanities Research Council (SSHRC) Insight Development Grant. “Pilot testing a novel intervention to reduce household food waste.”
- Seeding Food Innovation. “Evaluating the impacts of an innovative centrally-procured school food program on student nutrition and the local food economy.”
- Brescia Research Grant. “Experiential learning survey for food and nutrition graduates of Brescia University College.”
- Brescia Research Grant. “Assessing university students’ food skills before and after FRESH interactive cooking demonstrations using validated Food Skills Questionnaire (FSQ).”
- Brescia Research Grant. “Does proximity and density of alcohol outlets predict adverse birth outcomes?”
- Department of Paediatrics Grant: Graduate Studentship. “The influence of socioeconomic status on adverse birth outcomes in Southwestern Ontario.”
- Brescia Research Grant. “Assessing a food and nutrition questionnaire for youth.”
- AMOSO. Randomized controlled trial of food elimination for treatment of primary headache in children.”
- LHRI. “Regulation of fetal growth by hypoxia and nutritional deprivation.”
- CHRI. “Randomized controlled trial of food elimination for treatment of primary headache in children.”
- CHRI. “Regulation of IGF-1 bioavailability in intrauterine growth restriction: maternal and decidual IGFBP-1 hyperphosphorylation.”
- CHRI and Department of Paediatrics Translational Research Grant Fund Competition. “The Role of IGFBP-1 Phosphorylation in Human Fetal and Postnatal Growth in Very Preterm Infants.”
- Hamilton Academic Health Sciences Organization (HAHSO). “Functional Recovery in Critically Ill Children: The “WEE-COVER” Longitudinal Cohort Study.”
- Outstanding PhD Graduating Student Award, Canadian Sociological Association / La Societe canadienne de sociologie (CSA/SCS), Department of Sociology, Western University
- AMOSO. “The Impact of a Structured Lifestyle Intervention on Body Composition and Exercise Capacity in Obese Children with Operated Heart Defects.”
- Ronald D. Mann Best Article Award, received for “Palatability, adherence and prescribing patterns of antiretroviral drugs for children with human immunodeficiency virus infection in Canada.” Pharmacoepidemiology and Drug Safety, 2011
- Best ad hoc reviewer, Pharmacoepidemiology and Drug Safety, 2011
- Western University: Research Development and Services – International Research Award. “Study of the Current Model of Care for Children with Congenital Heart Disease in Peru.”
- Academic Medical Organization of Southwestern Ontario (AMOSO). “Functional Recovery in Critically Ill Children: The “WEE-COVER” Longitudinal Cohort Study.”
- Lawson Health Research Institute (LHRI). “The Role of IGFBP-1 Phosphorylation in Human Fetal and Postnatal Growth in Very Preterm Infants.”
- LHRI. “What is the Prevalence of Methicillin-Resistant Staphylococcus aureus in Skin and Soft Tissue Infections in Adults Presenting to the Emergency Departments of a Canadian Academic Health Care Centre?”
- 2018-present, Chair, Research Ethics Board, Brescia University College
- 2018-present, Diploma in Dietetic Education and Practical Training (DDEPT) / Master of Science in Foods & Nutrition (MScFN) Admissions Committee, Brescia University College
- 2017-present, Chair, Grievance Committee, Brescia University College
- 2016-2019, Learning and Teaching Committee, Brescia University College
- 2015-2018, Nonmedical Research Ethics Board, Western University
- 2015-2016, Chair, Critical Thinking Learning Outcome Working Group, Brescia University College
- 2015-2016, Inquiry and Analysis Learning Outcome Working Group, Brescia University College
- 2014-present, Facilitator, Research Ready Seminar Series, Brescia University College
- 2014-2017, Thames Valley Children’s Centre Research Advisory Committee
- Woods N, Gilliland J, Seabrook JA. The influence of the built environment on adverse birth outcomes. Journal of Neonatal-Perinatal Medicine 2017; 10(3):233-248.
- Gilliland JA, Shah TI, Clark A, Sibbald S, Seabrook JA. A geospatial approach to understanding inequalities in accessibility to primary care among vulnerable populations. PLoS ONE 2019; 14(1):e0210113.
- Charbonneau KD, Seabrook JA. Adverse birth outcomes associated with types of eating disorders: A review. In Press: Canadian Journal of Dietetic Practice and Research.
- Smith A, Twynstra J, Seabrook JA. Antenatal depression and offspring health outcomes. In Press: Obstetric Medicine.
- Seabrook JA, Smith A, Clark AF, Gilliland JA. Geospatial analyses of adverse birth outcomes in Southwestern Ontario: Examining the impact of environmental factors. Environmental Research 2019; 172:18-26.
- Buttazzon A, Clark A, Seabrook JA, Gilliland JA. Promoting active school travel in elementary schools: A regional case study of the school travel planning intervention. Journal of Transport and Health 2019; 12:206-219.
- Horne J, Gilliland J, O’Connor, Seabrook J, Hannaberg P, Madill J. Study protocol of a pragmatic randomized controlled trial incorporated into the Group Lifestyle Balance™ program: the nutrigenomics, overweight/obesity and weight management trial (the NOW trial). BMC Public Health 2019; 19(1):310.
- Seabrook JA, Woods N, Clark A, de Vrijer B, Penava D, Gilliland J. The association between alcohol outlet accessibility and adverse birth outcomes: A retrospective cohort study. Journal of Neonatal-Perinatal Medicine 2018; 11(1):71-77.
- Campbell EE, Gilliland J, Dworatzek PD, de Vrijer B, Penava D, Seabrook JA. Socioeconomic status and adverse birth outcomes: A population-based Canadian sample. Journal of Biosocial Science 2018; 50(1):102-113.
- Seabrook JA, Dworatzek PD, Matthews JI. Predictors of food skills in university students. In Press: Canadian Journal of Dietetic Practice and Research.
- Biden CR, Matthews JI, Laframboise NA, Zok A, Dworatzek PDN, Seabrook JA. Point-of-purchase labels and reward cards improve sales of healthy foods in university dining halls. Canadian Journal of Dietetic Practice and Research 2018; 79(3):92-98.
- van der Werf P, Seabrook JA, Gilliland J. The quantity of food waste in the garbage stream of southern Ontario, Canada households. PLoS ONE 2018; 13(6):e0198470.
- Foster J, Al Othmani F, Seabrook J, Al Ofisan T, Al Garni Y, Sarpal A. Parental presence at the bedside of critically ill children in a unit with unrestricted visitation. Pediatric Critical Care Medicine 2018; 19(8):e387-e393.
- Hawthorne DL, Neilson LJ, Macaskill LA, Luk JMH, Horner EJ, Parks C, Salavdori MI, Seabrook JA, Dworatzek PDN. Parental reports of lunch-packing behaviours lack accuracy: Reported barriers and facilitators to packing school lunches. Canadian Journal of Dietetic Practice and Research 2018; 79(3):99-105.
- Choong K, Fraser D, Al-Harbi S, Borham A, Cameron J, Cameron S, Cheng J, Clark H, Doherty T, Fayed N, Gorter JW, Herridge M, Khetani M, Mennon K, Seabrook J, Simpson R, Thabane L. Functional recovery in critically ill children, the “WeeCover” multi-center study. Pediatric Critical Care Medicine 2018; 19(2):145-154.
- Lim R, Gerson B, Reardon J, Seabrook JA, Poonai N. Pediatric forefoot fractures: Assessment of fracture patterns and predictors of complicated outcome. Pediatric Emergency Care 2018; 34(4):233-6.
- Lee SSF, Fulford AE, Quinn MA, Seabrook J, Rajakumar I. Levofloxacin for febrile neutropenia prophylaxis in acute myeloid leukemia patients associated with reduction in hospital admissions. Supportive Care in Cancer 2018; 26(5):1499-1504.
- Sibbald SL, Clark AF, Seabrook JA, Gilliland JA. Without compromising integrity: Research and planning around the primary healthcare landscape in southwestern Ontario. Healthcare Quarterly 2018; 21(1):46-53.
- Altamirano-Diaz L, Norozi K, Seabrook JA, Dempsey A, Welisch. Lack of access to paediatric cardiology services in the public health sector system in four major urban centres in Peru. Cardiology in the Young 2018; 28(12):1452-1456.
- Dakkak H, Brown R, Twynstra J, Charbonneau K, Seabrook JA. The perception of pre- and post-natal marijuana exposure on health outcomes: A content analysis of Twitter messages. Journal of Neonatal-Perinatal Medicine 2018; 11(4):409-415.
- Brown RA, Dakkak H, Seabrook JA. Is breast best? Examining the effects of alcohol and cannabis use during lactation. Journal of Neonatal-Perinatal Medicine 2018; 11(4):345-356.
- Brown RA, Dakkak H, Gilliland J, Seabrook JA. Predictors of drug use during pregnancy: The relative effects of socioeconomic, demographic, and mental health risk factors. In Press: Journal of Neonatal-Perinatal Medicine.
- Colley P, Myer B, Seabrook J, Gilliland J. The impact of Canadian school food programs on children’s nutrition and health: A systematic review. Canadian Journal of Dietetic Practice and Research 2019; 80(2):79-86
- DuBreck CM, Sadler RC, Arku G, Seabrook J, Gilliland J. A comparative analysis of the restaurant consumer food environment in Rochester (NY, USA) and London (ON, Canada): assessing children’s menus by neighbourhood socio-economic characteristics. Public Health Nutrition 2019; 22(9):1654-1666
- Kennedy LG, Kichler EJ, Seabrook JA, Matthews JI, Dworatzek PDN. Validity and reliability of a food skills questionnaire (FSQ). In Press: Journal of Nutrition Education and Behavior.
- Van der Werf P, Seabrook JA, Gilliland J. Food for naught: using the theory of planned behaviour to better understand household food wasting behaviour. In Press: The Canadian Geographer.
- Lim R, Sangha G, Lepore N, Bartlett KM, Seabrook JA, Rieder M. Comparison of regularly scheduled ibuprofen versus “pro re nata” (PRN) for ankle sprains in children treated in the emergency department: A randomized controlled trial.” In Press: Pediatric Emergency Care.
- Seabrook JA, Biden CR, Campbell EE. Does the risk of marijuana exposure outweigh the benefits of breastfeeding? A systematic review. Canadian Journal of Midwifery Research and Practice 2017; 16(2):8-16.
- Foo CPZ, Seabrook JA, Sangha G, Foster JR. Presumed systemic inflammatory response syndrome in the pediatric emergency department. In Press: Pediatric Emergency Care.
- Lim R, Sangha G, Lepore N, Bartlett KM, Seabrook JA, Rieder MJ. Comparison of regularly scheduled ibuprofen versus “pro re nata” (PRN) for ankle sprains in children treated in the emergency department: A randomized controlled trial.” In Press: Pediatric Emergency Care.
- Seymour N, Jansen S, Feng L, Ayres S, Jones PM, Seabrook JA, Austin Z. Impact of emotional intelligence coaching on job satisfaction of pharmacists during organizational changes. Journal of Hospital Administration 2017; 6(4):39-45.
- Campbell EE, Seabrook JA. The influence of socioeconomic status on adverse birth outcomes. Canadian Journal of Midwifery Research and Practice 2016; 15(2):10-20.
- Campbell EE, Dworatzek PDN, Penava D, de Vrijer B, Gilliland J, Matthews JI, Seabrook JA. Factors that influence gestational weight gain: Moving beyond assessment and counseling.Journal of Maternal-Fetal and Neonatal Medicine 2016; 29(21):3527-3531.
- Stein R, Doulla M, Seabrook JA, Yau LLM, Hamilton N, Salvadori M, Dworatzek PD. Impact of the balanced school day on glycemic control in children with type 1 diabetes. Canadian Journal of Diabetes 2017; 41(1):64-68.
- Wilson CK, Matthews JI, Seabrook JA, Dworatzek PDN. Self-reported food skills of university students. Appetite 2017; 108(2017):270-276.
- Chen J, Seabrook J, Fulford A, Rajakumar I.Icing oral mucositis: Oral cryotherapy in multiple myeloma patients undergoing autologous hematopoietic stem cell transplant. Journal of Oncology Pharmacy Practice 2017; 23(2):116-120.
- Nielsen LJ, Macaskill LA, Luk JMH, Sharma N, Killip SM, Salvadori MI, Seabrook JA, Dworatzek PDN. Students’ food intake from home-packed lunches in the traditional vs. balanced school day. Canadian Journal of Dietetic Practice & Research 2017; 78(1):3-10.
- Eagleson R, McInnis A, Welisch E, Altamirano-Diaz L, De Jesus S, Prapavessis H, Lalonde D, Rombeek M, Seabrook JA, Norozi K. Implementation of Clinical Research Trials Using Web-Based and Mobile Devices: Challenges and Solutions. BMC Medical Research Methodology 2017; 17(1):43.
- Purcell L, Harvey J, Seabrook JA. Patterns of recovery following sport-related concussion in children and adolescents. Clinical Pediatrics 2016; 55(5):452-458.
- Poonai N, Mainprize D, Travers C, Yan Vivas LL, Tryphonopoulos P, Sangha G, Arbeau R, Seabrook JA, Miller M, Sarpal, A, Lim R. Is serum bicarbonate level associated with negative outcomes in paediatric patients? A retrospective cohort study. Pediatric Emergency Care 2017; 33(11):e108-e113. .
- Bock D, Roach-Fox E, Seabrook JA, Rieder MJ, Matsui D. Sleep-promoting medications in children: Physician prescribing habits in Southwestern Ontario, Canada. Sleep Medicine 2016; 17:52-56.
- Butter A, Hanson MN, VanHouwelingen L, Merritt N, Seabrook JA. Hair epilation vs. surgical excision as primary management of pilonidal disease in the pediatric population. Canadian Journal of Surgery 2015; 58(3):209-211.
- Seabrook JA, Avison WR. Family structure and children’s socioeconomic attainment: A Canadian sample. Canadian Review of Sociology/Revue canadienne de sociologie 2015; 52(1):66-88.
- Bock DE, Robinson T, Seabrook JA, Rombeek M, Norozi K, Filler G, Rauch R, Clarson CL. The health initiative program for kids (HIP Kids): Effects of a yearlong multidisciplinary lifestyle intervention on adiposity and quality of life in obese children and adolescents – a longitudinal pilot intervention study. BMC Pediatrics 2014; 14(1):296.
- Forward KE, Seabrook JA, Lynch T, Lim R, Poonai N, Sangha GS. A comparison of the epidemiology of ice hockey injuries between male and female Canadian youth. Paediatrics & Child Health 2014; 19(8):418-422.
- Welisch E, Rauch R, Seabrook JA, Filler G, Norozi K. Are the children and adolescents with congenital heart disease really overweight and obese? Cardiology in the Young 2014; 24(5):848-853.
- Poonai N, Gregory J, Thompson G, Lim R, Van Osch S, Andrusiak T, Mekhaiel S, Sangha G, Seabrook J, Joubert G. Is pelvic ultrasound associated with an increased time to appendectomy in pediatric appendicitis? The Journal of Emergency Medicine 2014; 47(1):51-58.
- Pereg D, Chan J, Russell E, Berlin T, Mosseri M, Seabrook JA, Koren G, Van Uum S. Cortisol and testosterone in hair as biological markers of systolic heart failure. Psychoneuroendocrinology 2013; 38(12):2875-2882.
- Chan M, Al-Buali W, Stewart TC, Singh RN, Kornecki A, Seabrook JA, Fraser DD. Cervical spine injuries and collar complications in paediatric severe trauma patients. Spinal Cord 2013; 51:360-364.
- Junge C, Westhoff-Bleck M, Schoof S, Danne F, Buchhorn R, Seabrook JA, Geyer S, Ziemer G, Wessel A, Norozi K. Comparison of late results of arterial switch versus atrial switch (mustard procedure) operation for transposition of the great arteries. American Journal of Cardiology 2013; 111(10):1505-1509.
- Kumar MM, Langford C, Lim R, Seabrook JA, Speechley KN, Lynch T. Sexual knowledge of Canadian adolescents after completion of high school sexual education requirements. Paediatrics and Child Health 2013; 18(2):74-80.
- Knoppert DC, Page A, Warren L, Seabrook JA, Carr M, Angelini M, Killick D, daSilva OP. The effect of 2 different domperidone doses on maternal milk production. Journal of Human Lactation 2013; 29(1):38-44.
- Sangha GS, Pepelassis D, Buffo-Sequeira I, Seabrook JA, Fraser DD. Serum troponin-I as an indicator of clinically significant myocardial injury in pediatric trauma patients. Injury 2012; 43(12):2046-2050.
- Al-Sharif A, Thakur V, Al-Farsi S, Singh RN, Kornecki A, Seabrook JA, Fraser DD. Resuscitation volume in paediatric non-hemorrhagic blunt trauma. Injury 2012; 43(12):2078-2082.
- Richter SL, Vandervet LM, Macaskill LA, Salvadori MI, Seabrook JA, Dworatzek PDN. Accuracy and reliability of direct observations of home-packed lunches in elementary schools by trained nutrition students. Journal of the Academy of Nutrition and Dietetics 2012; 112(10):1603-1607.
- Strauss BJ, Carey TP, Seabrook JA, Lim R. Pediatric clavicular fractures: Assessment of fracture patterns and predictors of complicated outcome. Journal of Emergency Medicine 2012; 43(1):29-35.
- Seabrook JA, Avison WR. Socioeconomic status and cumulative disadvantage processes across the life course: Implications for health outcomes. Canadian Review of Sociology/Revue canadienne de sociologie 2012; 49(1):50-68.
- Vaz SS, Chodirker B, Prasad C, Seabrook JA, Chudley AE, Prasad AN. Risk factors for nonsyndromic holoprosencephaly: A Manitoba-based case-control study. American Journal of Medical Genetics A 2012; 158A(4):751-758.
- Sottosanti M, Morrison GC, Singh RN, Sharma AP, Fraser DD, Alawi K, Seabrook JA, Kornecki A. Dehydration in children with diabetic ketoacidosis: A prospective study. Archives of Disease in Childhood 2012; 97(2):96-100.
- Wu T, Salvadori M, Seabrook J, Coleman B. The efficacy of mandatory online modules in training residents in the proper use of personal protective equipment. The Canadian Journal of Infection Control 2011; 26(4):2-5.
- Lin D, Seabrook JA, Matsui DM, King SM, Rieder MJ, Finkelstein Y. Palatability, adherence and prescribing patterns for antiretroviral drugs for children with human immunodeficiency virus infection in Canada. Pharmacoepidemiology and Drug Safety 2011; 20(12):1246-1252.
- Gagnon A, Tremblay M, Vézina H, Seabrook JA. Once were farmers: Occupation, social mobility, and mortality during industrialization in Saguenay-Lac-Saint-Jean, Québec 1840-1971. Explorations in Economic History 2011; 48(3):429-440.
- Norozi K, Buchhorn R, Yasin A, Geyer S, Binder L, Seabrook JA, Wessel A. Growth differentiation factor-15: An additional diagnostic tool for the risk stratification of developing heart failure in patients with operated congenital heart defects? American Heart Journal 2011; 162(1):131-135.
- Wang D, Bahm AL, Seabrook JA, Sammons HM, Rieder MJ. A survey of Canadian medical student attitudes towards the ethics of pediatric clinical trials: Are they different from Canadian and British health care professionals? Journal of Population Therapeutics and Clinical Pharmacology 2011; 18(1):e10-e16.
- Achiam CC, Fernandes CMB, McLeod SL, John M, Seabrook JA, Theakston KD, Salvadori M, Milburn S, Hussain Z. Methicillin-resistant staphylococcus aureus in skin and soft tissue infections presenting to the emergency department of a Canadian academic health care center. European Journal of Emergency Medicine 2011; 18(1):2-8.
- Seabrook JA, Avison WR. Genotype-environment interaction and sociology: Contributions and complexities. Social Science and Medicine 2010; 70(9):1277-1284.
- Alak A, Seabrook JA, Rieder MJ. Variations in the management of pneumonia in the pediatric emergency department: compliance with the guidelines. Canadian Journal of Emergency Medicine 2010; 12(6):514-519.
- Ball IM, Seabrook J, Desai N, Allen L, Anderson S. Dilute proparacaine for the management of acute corneal injuries in the emergency department. Canadian Journal of Emergency Medicine 2010; 12(5):389-396.
- Suarez A, Knoppert DC, Lee DSC, Pletsch D, Seabrook JA. Opioid infusions in the neonatal intensive care unit. The Journal of Pediatric Pharmacology and Therapeutics 2010; 15(2):142-146.
- Cheng A, Banwell B, Levin S, Seabrook JA, Freeman D, Rieder M. Oral dosing requirements for phenytoin in the first three months of life. Journal of Population Therapeutics and Clinical Pharmacology 2010; 17(2):e256-e261.
- Weisz D, Lim R, Seabrook JA. The presence of urinary nitrites is a significant predictor of urinary tract infection susceptibility to first- and third-generation cephalosporins. The Journal of Emergency Medicine 2010; 39(1):e6-e12.
- Cellucci T, Seabrook JA, Chagla Y, Bannister SL, Salvadori MI. A 10-year retrospective review of Salmonella infections at the Children’s Hospital in London, Ontario. The Canadian Journal of Infectious Diseases and Medical Microbiology 2010; 21(2):78-82.
- Ngo QN, Ranger A, Singh RN, Kornecki A, Seabrook JA, Fraser DD. External ventricular drains in pediatric patients. Pediatric Critical Care Medicine 2009; 10(3):346-351.
- Ouellette D, Bruder E, Everson E, Lynch T, Lim R, Seabrook JA, Joubert G. The additive value of nuclear medicine shuntograms to computed tomography for suspected cerebrospinal fluid shunt obstruction in the pediatric emergency department. Pediatric Emergency Care 2009; 25(12):827-830.
- Hames H, Seabrook JA, Matsui D, Rieder MJ, Joubert G. A palatability study of a flavored dexamethasone preparation versus prednisolone liquid in children with asthma exacerbation in a pediatric emergency department. The Canadian Journal of Clinical Pharmacology 2008; 15(1):e95-98.
- Chu S, Tan J, Seabrook JA, Rieder MJ. Paediatric asthma severity score and length of stay in patients presenting to a paediatric emergency department. Paediatric and Perinatal Drug Therapy 2008; 8(4):150-153.
- Principi T, Morrison GC, Matsui D, Speechley KN, Seabrook JA, Singh RN, Kornecki A. Elective tracheostomy in mechanically-ventilated children in Canada. Intensive Care Medicine 2008; 34(8):1498-1502.
- Warkentin J, Chan M, Igric A, Seabrook JA, Matsui D, Lim R, Joubert G. A needs assessment for obesity-related anticipatory guidance in the paediatric emergency department. Paediatrics and Child Health 2008; 13(9):769-771.
- Al-Eissa M, Chu S, Warren D, Lim R, Seabrook JA, Lynch T, Rieder MJ. Self-reported experience and competence in core procedures among Canadian pediatric emergency medicine fellowship trainees. Canadian Journal of Emergency Medicine 2008; 10(6):533-538.
- Doey T, Hines P, Myslik B, Seabrook JA, Leavey J. Creating primary care access for mental health care clients in a community mental health setting. Canadian Journal of Community Mental Health 2008; 27(2):129-138.
- Doey T, Handelman K, Seabrook JA, Steele M. Survey of atypical antipsychotic prescribing by Canadian child psychiatrists and developmental pediatricians for patients aged under 18 years. Canadian Journal of Psychiatry 2007; 52(6):363-368.
- Albuali WH, Singh RN, Fraser DD, Seabrook JA, Kavanagh BP, Parshuram CS, Kornecki A. Have changes in ventilation practice improved outcome in children with acute lung injury? Pediatric Critical Care Medicine 2007; 8(4):324-330.
- Cukiernik VA, Lim R, Warren D, Seabrook JA, Matsui D, Rieder MJ. Naproxen versus acetaminophen for therapy of soft tissue injuries to the ankle in children. Annals of Pharmacotherapy 2007; 41(9):1368-1374.
- Lim RK, Garcia B, Rieder MJ, Iyer P, Seabrook JA. Comparison of amethocaine gel versus 1% lidocaine infiltration on wound healing. A pilot study in animals. Paediatric and Perinatal Drug Therapy 2007; 8(3):110-114.
- Millington S, Ball I, Seabrook JA, McCauley W. Attracting top residency candidates: a survey of important program attributes. Canadian Journal of Emergency Medicine 2005; 7(6):411-414.
- Seabrook JA, Cukiernik V, Matsui D, Speechley KN, Rieder MJ. Paediatrician human resource planning in Canada: A 10-year follow-up. Paediatrics and Child Health 2005; 10(10):595-596.
- Bellaire J, Speechley KN, Seabrook JA, Rieder MJ, Matsui D. Health-related quality of life among children who have had adverse drug reactions. Paediatric and Perinatal Drug Therapy 2005; 6(4):186-191.
- Seabrook JA, Gorodzinsky F, Freedman S. Treatment of primary nocturnal enuresis: A randomized clinical trial comparing hypnotherapy and alarm therapy. Paediatrics and Child Health 2005; 10(10):609-610.
- Borrie MJ, Stolee P, Knoefel FD, Wells JL, Seabrook JA. Current Best Practices in Geriatric Rehabilitation in Canada. Geriatrics Today: The Canadian Journal of Geriatric Medicine and Psychiatry 2005; 8(4):148-153.
- Wells JL, Seabrook JA, Borrie MJ, Stolee P, Knoefel FD. State of the Art in Geriatric Rehabilitation, Part I: Review of Frailty and Comprehensive Geriatric Assessment. Archives of Physical Medicine and Rehabilitation 2003; 84(6):890-897.
- Wells JL, Seabrook JA, Borrie MJ, Stolee P, Knoefel FD. State of the Art in Geriatric Rehabilitation, Part II: Clinical Challenges. Archives of Physical Medicine and Rehabilitation 2003; 84(6):898-903.
- Knoefel FD, Helliwell B, Seabrook JA, Borrie MJ, Stolee P, Wells JL. A Comparison of Functional Independence and Medical Complexity in Geriatric and Physical Medicine Rehabilitation In-Patients. Geriatrics Today: Journal of the Canadian Geriatrics Society 2003; 6(2):90-94.