What is Brescia Connect?
Brescia Connect is a network of successful and motivated women who inspire, assist, and support future leaders at Canada’s only all-women’s university.
Who joins Brescia Connect?
- Women who want to make a difference through philanthropy.
- Women who want to inspire promising female students to fulfill their potential by sharing their experiences, successes, and resources.
- Women who want to network with like-minded women while shaping the future of female leaders.
Why should I Connect?
- To contribute to the future of women in Canada.
- To learn about and support leading-edge research.
- To meet and network with other successful women.
- To access exclusive invitations, seating, and pre-event receptions at Brescia events.
- To mentor students and engage with faculty.
What is the commitment?
- Brescia Connect members make an annual donation of $500 (one vote) or $1,000 (two votes).
- Brescia Connect members determine the Brescia project most worthy of receiving their collective financial commitment.
- Brescia Connect members offer students their time, advice, and professional networks that are essential to career success.
When are the philanthropic decisions made?
Three potential projects will be presented at an annual investment meeting. The presentations will be followed by a discussion and vote of the members to determine which of the projects the group will fund.
Brescia Connect Events
Brescia Connect members will benefit from two signature events, providing networking opportunities and access to our faculty, students, and Brescia’s Principal, Dr. Colleen Hanycz.
Launch & Celebration – October 15, 2014 from 5:00 pm to 7:00 pm
Investment Meeting – May 20, 2015
Brescia Community Events
Brescia Connect members will be invited to special campus events throughout the year, including opportunities for VIP access.
- International Women’s Day Sophia Lecture
How do I join?
We are currently recruiting Brescia Connect members for the 2014/2015 year! Membership donations can be made in one lump sum of $500 or $1,000 or on a monthly basis at $41.67 for 12 months ($500) or $83.33 for 12 months ($1,000).
If you would prefer to make your membership donation by cheque, please make your cheque payable to Brescia University College and mail to: Office of Advancement, Brescia University College, 1285 Western Road, London, Ontario, N6G 1H2.
2014/2015 Brescia Connect Members
Currently there are 17 bold female leaders who are members of Brescia Connect. They are:
Ashley Conyngham (’04)
Catherinanne George (’91)
Colleen M. Hanycz
Marlene Janzen Le Ber
Mitra S. Khademi (’95)
Penny (Warner) Rintoul (’87)
Elrah E. Robinson
Do you have questions?
Contact the Advancement Office at 519-858-5005 or 1-877-635-8534 or email us.