The Omni Academic Search Tool will launch Tuesday, December 17.
While the Beryl Ivey Library team is making every effort to minimize service disruption during implementation, there are a few temporary changes to library services in December:
- As of December 2:
- Item requests will be unavailable
- Interlibrary loan requests for print material will be unavailable.
- As of December 9:
- No access to My Library Account
- The Saved Searched and My Lists features in My Library Account will no longer be available.
- Fines cannot be paid (online or in-person)
- Online renewals will be unavailable
- In-person renewals will only be possible with the book in hand
- Self-check kiosks will be unavailable
- As of December 17:
- Reading History can be imported to the new My Library Account until May 31, 2020
- During our transition, some electronic resources in Omni may not be linked or the link may be broken. We will work as quickly as possible tor repair links.
- Links to the Shared Library Catalogue or specific items in the catalogue on any webpage (e.g. OWL, personal pages, department pages) will need to be manually updated by the page owner to point to Omni.
All purchasing of library resources was put on hold in October to prepare for our new system. Purchase recommendations submitted will be processed after Omni is launched.
Questions? Please contact the Beryl Ivey Library by stopping by the service desk, emailing email@example.com, or phoning 519-432-8353 x28250. The Library team is happy to help!