BE International ShowcaseFor Brescia Students
APPLICATIONS DUE FEBRUARY 6, 2015 FOR 2015-2016 INTERNATIONAL OPPORTUNITIES
Brescia is pleased to offer several exciting international opportunities to students:
Ewha Womans University – Seoul, Korea
LaSalle Beauvais Institut Polytechnique – Beauvais, France
St. George’s University – Grenada
Stenden University – The Netherlands
The University of the West Indies, Cave Hill – Barbados
Through exchange agreements with these partner universities, Brescia allows select full-time students in good academic standing to enroll at a partner institution for either one term or a full year. Students remain registered at their home institution while on exchange and therefore do not have to apply for re-admission upon return. Each student pays tuition fees to their home institution. Students will be expected to enroll in a full-time course load while abroad. Housing, meals, mandatory medical insurance, books, personal expenses and travel costs, as well as any additional fees at the host institution are the responsibility of the student.
Students participating in an International program will have the opportunity to:
- Take academic courses not otherwise available at Brescia or Western
- Live and learn in another country
- Be in another cultural environment
- Gain international competencies for personal or professional goals
- Learn another language
- Travel to/tour new destinations
Students are eligible to take part in exchanges in their third or fourth year of undergraduate studies and summer programs anytime after second, third or fourth year. Students should apply for an international program the year before they intend to go (e.g. if you wish to go abroad in your third year, you should apply in your second year). Students must be in good academic standing to participate in an international program.
Criteria: Opportunities to participate in Brescia’s exchange programs are limited and awarded on a competitive basis, subject to availability. The criteria by which students will be assessed, include:
(1) A minimum 65% average in a full course load (5 full courses or equivalent) in the previous year of study.
(2) Satisfactory progress in the present year of full-time study (normally a 65% average across 5 full courses or equivalent).
(3) A demonstrated readiness to benefit from the experience of an academic experience in another country and culture. Applicants will be evaluated on the basis of their application, statement of interest and Academic Record.
All students interested in participating in an international program are strongly advised to attend the BE International Showcase during the week of November 10-14, 2014.
This showcase will feature information sessions on all of the available international opportunities and will provide further information on the available host institutions, as well as provide students with the opportunity to ask general questions about the application and selection processes. If you are unable to attend this event, or have additional questions, please contact Jennifer Coghlin – Associate Registrar, Student Success.
Once you have attended the BE International Showcase session(s) and have familiarized yourself with the international opportunities, please submit your application package to the Brescia Registrar’s Office (Room 12, Mother St. James) no later than February 6, 2015.