As you boldly embark on this path of your life journey you will find that the International Bridging Program offers you a sneak preview and an opportunity to proceed with increased knowledge, awareness, and the ability to embrace life to its fullest.
We welcome you to join us for an exploration of Brescia University, the University of Western Ontario, and London, Ontario.
About the Bridging Program
As someone arriving from outside of Canada, this program is designed just for you. In addition to International students, out of province students are also welcome. This orientation gives you the unique opportunity to adjust to campus before the regular orientation week. Participants will receive a full orientation to university life, which will help smooth your overall transition greatly.
Bridging Week is highly recommended, as it is a great way to meet some of your peers, Brescia staff and faculty, and find out more about your new home.
- 31st July, 2019: Registration form due
- 27th August, 2019: Bridging Program begins
- 31st August, 2019: Bridging Program ends
- 5th September, 2019: Classes begin
Students may wish to arrive August 24th – 26th to settle into your accommodations in preparation for starting on the morning of August 28th. Our staff will meet you at the London airport, bus or train station and get you to your residence.
Cost: The Bridging Program costs $375 which covers residence accommodation, on-campus meals, transportation and activity fees. This will be included in your tuition payment. You are responsible for 4 off-campus meals (2 lunches & 2 dinners) with a total estimated cost of $50.
To register, fill out and submit or print out a copy of the Registration Form (Students & Parents). This form must be returned with fee arrangements prior to July 31st. We hope you will join us!
- Bridging Opt In Form: For out-of-province students and Canadians living abroad
- Bridging Opt Out Form: Additional details
What happens during this orientation?
- You will attend workshops designed to assist with your adjustment –for example Academic Advising and
- Sessions on cultural adjustment, student services, university classroom expectations
- You will be oriented to various practical aspects of university life –
- Exploring the Brescia and Western campus,
- Setting up bank accounts,
- Activating your e-mail account, getting your student ID card & London Transit bus pass
- An opportunity to purchase books and supplies
- Attend mock lectures, learn about plagiarism and critical thinking with our professors.
You will become familiar with the London area by:
- Shopping at the malls and discovering stores that sell products similar to those from home
- Enjoying the cuisine of various restaurants, bowling, and a tour of London
- Taking a trip to one of Canada’s wonders, Niagara Falls
Making new friends with other International and Canadian Brescia students is a priority, and Bridging week provides a great opportunity to do so.
Separate workshops are available for your parents or adult family members accompanying you to the program. These workshops are designed to provide some awareness about what life will be like for your daughter/son and to address the transition process. The workshops are complimentary. Costs for accommodation, meals, and outings are extra.
Parents and family members must make their own accommodation arrangements as residence space is reserved for incoming students.
This program is highly recommended and is available to both students and parents.
If you have any questions, please contact:
Christina Lord, International Program Coordinator,
1285 Western Road, London Ontario, Canada N6G 1H2
Phone: (519) 432-8353 ext. 28012
Fax: (519) 858-5137
We look forward to welcoming you to Brescia!