12 Hours That Can Change Your Life
If you want to maximize your ability to deal with life’s challenges as a student, enhance your coping skills, and improve your thinking, feelings, and mood, come join us!
Living Life to the Full program is a group-based educational program developed by Dr. Chris Williams and is licensed by Canadian Mental Health Association BC. This year, Canadian Mental Health Association (CMHA) Oxford, will be offering this group to Brescia students! Originally created for older adults, this program is being adapted to be relevant, meaningful and impactful to post-secondary students.
Using fun, engaging activities based on one’s level of comfort, the program has been shown to help participants reduce the experience of depression and anxiety, shift how they respond to stresses in their lives, and improve problem-solving skills and mood.
The program will:
- Run weekly for 6 weeks
- Every Monday from October 1 to November 12 (skipping Reading Week),
- Run from 2:00pm to 4:00pm,
- Have snacks provided,
- Be available for validation through the Co-Curricular Record
- If filled, costs only $50.00 per student
- If you have concerns or questions about cost, please contact us
- Require a small group
- Minimum of 6 participants and a maximum of 20 participants, so this program has limited space!
The program is focusing on supporting first and second year undergraduate students, so these students will be given priority. However, if there is space available for students outside of their first or second year, those students will be considered based on who submitted their interest first.
You can find more information about the program here.
If you have any questions, please contact Sheldon Hill at email@example.com.
Apply below – applications close on September 21st!