They are a team of upper-year student leaders trained and advised by the Student Life Centre staff to provide career support and programming to Brescia students, specifically by:
- Holding drop-in office hours for on-the-spot resume, cover letter and LinkedIn Profile critiques
- Co-facilitating workshops with SLC staff
- Facilitating mock interviews for students in all faculties and programs in the Winter term
- Maintaining and developing career posts on the Student Life Centre blog
- Initiating special projects to meet the career needs of students
Drop In Hours
Drop into the Student Life Centre during the hours indicated below to have your Resume, Cover Letter or Linked In Profile reviewed and critiqued by experienced Career Peers.
Current Drop-In Hours for Fall Term
Drop-In Hours will begin the week of September 25, 2017. See you then!
Tuesdays 12PM-2PM (support available in Arabic)
Wednesdays 10AM-1PM (support available in Mandarin from 11am-1pm)
Thursdays 11:30AM-1:30PM (support available in Cantonese and Mandarin)
*Drop-in hours are subject to change, changes will be noted above. If cancelled, a notice will be added to this webpage and in the Student Life Centre, as soon as possible.
Please ensure that you bring a print copy of your resume or cover letter to review. Career Peers will be unable to review electronic versions of these documents.
Be a Career Peer!
In their role, Career Peers spend 3-5 hours/week, from September-April, gaining first-hand knowledge of career development strategies and working closely with our professional staff, while applying their knowledge directly to a valued leadership role at Brescia.
Interested in joining the Career Peer team? Visit the Student Life Centre to learn more about how to get involved. Applications open Winter 2018!