Dr. Leslie Janes
- Ph.D., Psychology, Western University
- M.A., Psychology, Western University
- B.A., Political Science, Wilfrid Laurier University
Research and Scholarly Interests
My research interests include:
- Goals and motivation
- Explicit and implicit self-esteem
- Psychology 1000 – Introductory Psychology
- Psychology 2075 – Human Sexuality
- Psychology 2410A/B – Child Development
- Psychology 2720A/B – Social Psychology
- Psychology 2990A/B – Applied Psychology
- Psychology 3721F/G – Psychology of Persuasion
- Janes, L.M. & Olson, J.M. (2000). Jeer pressure: The behavioural effects of observing
ridicule of others. Personality and Social Psychology Bulletin. 26, 474-485.
- Olson, J.M. & Janes, L.M. (2002). Vigilant for differences: Heightened impact of differences
on surprise. Personality and Social Psychology Bulletin. 28, 1084-1093.
- Stelzl, M., Janes, L.M., & Seligman, C. (June, 2004). One of us or one of them: The
social identity strategy of inclusion or exclusion of the other from the in-group.
Poster presented at the Why Neighbours Kill Conference, London, Ontario.
- Janes, L.M. & Olson, J.M. (October, 2003). The effects of ridicule on regulatory focus.
Informal paper presented at the annual meeting of the Society of Experimental Social
Psychology, Boston, MA, US.