The Centre for Leadership will create leader and leadership development programs that inform, inspire, and ignite growth in individuals and change in organizations.
The Centre for Leadership will support the development of authentic leaders who choose to practice a sustainable, collective, and socially responsible form of leadership. We envisage leadership as facilitating the creative exchange of multiple perspectives by fostering a deep commitment to mutually empowering and respectful relationships. This leadership seeks to stimulate strength, courage, and passion within individuals while promoting a culture of creativity and respect for diversity of expression.
Developed and delivered by outstanding faculty, Brescia's leader development programs, including undergraduate studies, micro-credentials, and workshops, will provide participants with the tools and skills they need to be influential and high-achieving leaders and support organizational and community goals. Leadership development programs will build the leadership capacity of organizations.
To develop both individual leaders and organizational leadership, we focus on knowing, doing, and being leaders. Understanding intersectionality (the discrimination or disadvantage of the whole of one’s various social identities – gender, race, religion, age, ability, etc.) is integral to promoting diversity and eliminating inequity in the workplace.
Through our programming, we will:
- Strengthen individual leader character alongside leader competency development
- Develop individual capacity to lead collectively within a team and organization
- Build leadership capacity within all levels in organizations including boards
- Deliver Micro-credentials, Diploma, and Certificates to understand intersectionality and promote diversity in leadership
- Convene speaker’s series and conferences to advance knowledge about gender, intersectionality, and leadership
- Expand Brescia’s recognized Francolini Leadership Experience as well as other opportunities for work integrated learning