Applying to the Diploma in Dietetic Education and Practical Training Program
DDEPT Admissions Update:
Please be aware, that on May 1, 2024, Brescia plans to fully integrate with Western University. Admissions for DDEPT will open on November 1, 2023. We will share additional details
as they become available. We appreciate your patience and understanding during this
Commitment to Equity, Diversity, and Inclusion:
Brescia University College is committed to fostering equity, diversity, and inclusion
within our admissions process. To further this commitment, our Admission Committee
will not have access to applicants' identification details during the initial application
stages (blinded process).
Opening Date: Wednesday, November 1, 2023
Closing Date: Monday, January 15, 2024, at 4:00 pm EST
Complete the following three components (details below) before the January 15, 2024, 4:00 pm EST deadline.
- Use the same email address throughout for consistency.
- Review all instructions before starting the application.
- Components can be completed in any order, but all are mandatory.
Component 1: Online Application
Complete the application form, which includes an application fee of $75 CAD.
Access DDEPT Application Form
Within the application form, you will need to upload the following:
Confirmation of Completion of PDEP-Accredited Academic Program Form:
- Only students who have completed a PDEP-Accredited Program can receive this form,
which will be provided and signed by the university where you obtained your accredited
- Brescia/Western students can request their Confirmation of Completion of PDEP-Accredited
Academic Program Form Here. Requests must be completed between Oct 27 – Nov 17, 2023.
- US Applicants - submit an ACEND verification form, signed by the administration at the university
in which you obtained your accredited undergraduate degree.
Unofficial Academic Transcripts
- Include transcripts from all post-secondary schools you have attended. Transcripts must include Fall 2023 term grades, for those currently enrolled in school.
- Official transcripts will be requested from admitted applicants in April 2024.
Component 2: OWL
OWL is Western’s online learning platform. For applicants applying to both DDEPT and
MScFN Practicum-based programs, you only need to complete the OWL component once.
All applicants, including Brescia/Western students, must request access to the OWL
Request OWL Access
Notes on OWL Access:
- It may take 2-3 business days to provide access. You will receive an email notification
once your access has been granted.
- Any requests made between Dec 22, 2023 – Jan 8, 2024, will not be processed until
the week of Jan 8, 2024.
Within OWL, you will:
- Answer travel and practicum requirement questions, identify placement region preferences,
and answer optional self-identification questions.
- Respond to seven supplementary questions. These supplementary questions are mostly experiental-based questions in which we
encourage you to draw on your work, volunteer, and life experiences.
Please note resumes and references are NOT required.
Component 3: Casper Test
All applicants are required to complete the Casper test.
What is Casper?
Casper is an open-response, situational judgement test that evaluates applicants’
social intelligence and professionalism. By integrating into our admission process,
we are taking strides toward enhancing the fairness and objectivity of our admissions
Details of Casper Test:
Duration: 90 - 110 minutes
Format: Online, open-response situational judgment test
- A one-time setup fee of $50, is required to take the test.
- An additional $16 distribution fee is required to submit your results to Brescia’s
practicum-based program(s). For applicants applying to both DDEPT and MScFN Practicum-based
programs, you only need to pay one distribution fee to Brescia.
Scheduled Casper dates:
- November 23rd, 2023 5pm EST
- December 7th, 2023 8pm EST
- January 10th, 2024 8pm EST
These dates are set by Casper. If you have any questions or concerns regarding these
dates, please email email@example.com.
How to complete the Casper Assessment:
- To complete the Casper assessment, visit https://acuityinsights.app/ to create an account.
- Register to complete the following assessment: CSP-10201 – Canadian Professional Health
- See the following page for more important information about your test: https://acuityinsights.app/dates-times/
Preparing for Casper:
- Complete the Practice Test: Before taking the main assessment, we strongly recommend you take a practice Casper
test. There is no limit on the number of times you complete the practice test. To
access this practice test, please log-in to your Acuity Insights account, go to Casper, and complete the “System Requirements Check” before proceeding to
practice Casper Assessment.
- Review the following:
Visit this page to view past recordings and upcoming webinars and drop-ins related
to admissions: Events for Applicants
The three components of the application, detailed above, will be reviewed by the Admissions
Committee and will determine offers of admission. There will be no interview process
for the DDEPT program.
Offers of Admission:
Notification of program acceptance will be made to successful applicants starting
in early March 2024 and will continue until all positions have been filled.
If you have any questions regarding our application process, please email firstname.lastname@example.org.