This toolbox offers a variety of digital resources, covering many aspects of wellness. Let's
work together: if you have a resource you use that is not in the list below, please
contact the Student Life Centre.
Handouts / Guides:
- Anxiety Canada: Provides information and tools, such as the free MindShift app (iOS/Android), to
help youth and young adults manage anxiety using step-by-step strategies.
- Anxiety Org: Provides up-to-date, easy-to-understand mental health information by working directly
with distinguished doctors, therapists, scientists, and specialists.
- BounceBack: Free skill-building program designed to help manage symptoms of mild to moderate
depression and anxiety. You will learn skills to help combat unhelpful thinking, manage
worry and anxiety, and become more active and assertive.
- SAM: This iOS/Android app (UK) can help you understand what causes your anxiety, monitor
your anxious thoughts and behaviour over time, and manage your anxiety through self-help
exercises and private reflection.
Body Image / Self Esteem
- Enough With The Fear of Fat (TED Talk)
Kelli Jean Drinkwater confronts the fear of fat and how society is obsessed with body
- Why Thinking You’re Ugly Is Bad For You (TED Talk)
Meaghan Ramsey of the Dove Self-Esteem Project talks about the negative implications
of low body image and self-esteem
Depression & Low Mood
- Mood Gym: ($39 for one year subscription.) An Australian online self-help program designed
to help you prevent and manage symptoms of depression and anxiety. It is an interactive,
online self-help book which teaches skills based on cognitive behaviour therapy.
MoodKit ($4.99 US): This iOS app was developed by two clinical psychologists to help you engage in mood-enhancing
activities, identify and change unhealthy thinking, and rate and chart your mood across
Moodnotes (free with in-app purchases): This US-based iOS app is a thought and mood journal that tracks your mood over time, helps you avoid common
thinking traps, and more.
Mood Mission (free with in-app purchases): This Australian iOS/Android app tracks your mood. When
you tell MoodMission how you’re feeling, it gives you a tailored list of 5 simple,
effective, evidence-based missions to improve your mood.
Eating Disorders & Disordered Eating
Self-Care & Self-Compassion
Handouts / Guides:
- PTSD Coach (free): This Canadian iOS/Android app can help you learn about and manage symptoms
that often occur after trauma.