Sister Mary Lou McKenzie Young Alumnae Awards of Merit
The Sister Mary Lou McKenzie Young Alumnae Awards of Merit was renamed in 2011 after
Sister Mary Lou McKenzie in honour of her dedication to Brescia University College
and its students. The award winner will be a Brescia graduate, from within the past
10 years, who has shown leadership in her career and who embodies Brescia’s values
of wisdom, justice and compassion.
- The recipient will be an alumna of Brescia University College who has graduated within
the past 10 years
- Be available to attend the award presentation on the Sunday of Homecoming. In the
case of a post-humous award, a member of the deceased’s family must be present to
accept the award
- Why is this nominee deserving of this award?
Contribution to Others
- How has the nominee enriched the lives of others?
- How has the nominee shown leadership and been a role model for others?
- How does the nominee typify the values and strengths of Brescia?
- State how the nominee has been recognized by her peers, including any special awards
she has received. Add any additional comments that you feel make this nominee distinctive,
including any obstacles she overcame to realise her achievements.
How to Apply
Please provide responses to the nomination criteria (maximum three pages) and the
- Nominee’s resume
- Supporting documents, e.g. letters of support (maximum five pages)
Nominations for 2019 close on April 30. Any nominations received after the closing
date will be forwarded to the following year.
Nominate a bold alumnae today
- 2019: Elise Maiolino ’10
- 2018: Mallika Auplish, ’13
- 2017: Carmelita Tang, ’07
- 2016: Sara Dungavell, ’06
- 2015: Ruth Tisdale, ’10
- 2014: Ashley Conyngham, ’04
- 2013: Leenat Jilani, ’13
- 2012: Lin Yuan, ’08 & ’10
- 2011: Jennifer Broxterman, ’09 & ’12